MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Installed geforce4 mx4000 but moniter shuts off
November 13, 2019, 07:31:36 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 07:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installed geforce4 mx4000 but moniter shuts off  (Read 1501 times)
mal1882

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2004, 02:53:02 PM »

Im Having problems getting my new AOpen Geforce4 MX4000 to work on my computer Cry

My Specs:

1.3 Duron,
256mb ram,
20Gb HD,
Win98se,
15" Relisys TE555 CRT,
PCChips M810 V7.1a Mobo,

My Problem,

I have installed the drivers the way the instructions say but when i restart after installing my moniter shuts off just as i see the password screen, sometimes i get this error titled       [Display] "There is a problem with your display settings. The adapter type is incorrect, or current settings do not work with your hardware"

I can enter win in safemode to change my display settings to the only option 16 colours 640-480, i then restart and win boots ok but without the card working.

I know the card works because i managed to get to work some how i have no idea how though, the little nvidia icon appeared in the tray and i could change res, colours and all the settings and i was playing games that worked perfectly and they never used to work before i installed the card on my comp,

but then i clicked on something that came with it called LIVE UPDATE WIZARD which completly made my comp go nuts and it froze, so i had to turn it off but when i put it back on i was getting the same prob with the moniter shutting off   :grr

I have been able to get it to work also by changing the moniter driver to super vga but as soon as i click on something it shuts off again  :duh

Ive been looking for days now trying to find the anwser for this but with no luck so any help or ideas would be great

Mal

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 06:22:43 PM »

Hey,

I'd say your best bet is to boot up in safe mode and remove all drivers for the card. Do this by going into the "device manager" and "display adapters" part. The name of you graphics card should be here, click on it and then click "uninstall". You should now restart the computer.

You should be able to get into windows now, but the dirvers won't be installed so the display should be a bit messed up. Don't worry about this. You should get the "Found new hardware" wizard as soon as you get into windows. Make sure you have the dirver CD for the card in the drive and then click on "search for best driver". Where you have the option to choose a location for the search put a tick beside "CD". Now the wizard should search the CD for the drivers it needs, when it finds the driver let it install and then restart your computer.

Now you should get into windows and you should be able to change your display settings to the desired settings. Hopes this helps.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
mal1882

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 08:04:51 PM »

I got it working!! Grin

i uninstalled both my chipset driver & agp card's driver then restarted and then reinstalled my chipset driver and then the cards driver then restarted and it started to work and thats all i had to do after spending a week looking for the anwser.  

thanks for your help

Rotor4play

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 02:10:14 AM »

Future Power MB FP-SI645 for socket 478 pent 4 processor
Windows 98SE
Intel celeron 1.7 ghz. CPU
512 of 333mhz ram
GeForce4 TI 4200 128mb AGP grafics card.
I'm using the latest driver from Nvidia (have to look up revision)

I had it working once and now it's gone berserk. ! !
I too have this board and am having problems with it. It will only run in the default mode of 16 colors. What do you mean your cleared your chip set and reloaded it Huh?

mal1882

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 08:34:24 PM »

Hi rotar,

i contacted manufac of the card and they told me to do this

"Pls try to uninstall both your chipset driver & agp card's driver in Safe Mode.In case you have an onboard VGA driver installed,kindly uninstall it also then reboot,enter the BIOS then disable the onboard VGA & let it load to normal Windows.Now,kindly install first your chipset driver(you may check from your board's manufacturer the latest driver for it) then reinstall the AGP card driver for your OS & observe the results."

and it worked but since then i have upgraded my mobo to a PCChips M848A for

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: