MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: CD-DV Burner Lost!
November 21, 2019, 12:02:19 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 12:02:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD-DV Burner Lost!  (Read 715 times)
digitaldreams53

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2004, 01:02:19 AM »

I am operating windows XP home edition.

Problems I have:

I lost my CD Burner drive. No where to be found. Not even in device
manager.
Computer restarts itself.
Windows takes a good 10 mins to load!

I download new drivers from microsoft and Roxio, for the drivers for the CD-DV Recorder. It is Roxio CD-DVD Recorder version 6.

I did have the sasser visur, but it is cleaned up. This was prior to all these problems.

I did a web update on microsoft, still no help. Scan it for Blaster virus and a fewe others. No problems there!

I even went as far as opening the case to see if it was plugged in. I unplugged the recorder and replugged it in hopes the computer would detect new hardware.....well had no luck there.

The night before we had a bad electrical storm. It is protected with a Belkien Surge protector. However, it turned on when power came back to my home. In a half awaken state I unplugged it from the electrical outlet, rather then give it time to load and turn it off. However, it was working properly the next morning.

Last thing I did with the CD burner was I erased a rewritable CD and all heck broke loose!

Is this a Xp problem or  a virus/trojan horse/worm!
Also computer was previously owned. I did make name changes to the computer administrator. However, this was prior to problems occuring.

Any suggestions, folks!?Huh?Huh?

prince_45243

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 03:07:25 AM »

There's a fix using regedit for lost cd-rom drives that you can find in one of the other posts.  I can't seem to find my CD/DVD drive on my computer either beginning around a month ago and I've tried all of the fixes online and through microsoft. If you hear anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
-d

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: