MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: agp speed
June 18, 2019, 07:14:33 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2019, 07:14:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: agp speed  (Read 1359 times)
madmartinez

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2004, 01:09:01 PM »

how can i find out if my graphics card is running at 8x agp like its suppose too?                                                    

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 03:11:26 PM »

Download a program such as WCPUID and run it. It'll tell you if AGP 8x is enabled or not. Or you could just go into the BIOS and look at your AGP port settings and see whether it is enabled or not. Chances are that it isn't because when a system comes from the manufacturer AGP 8x is usually disabled by default. Checking your BIOS is probably the easiest way but if you want a link to download WCPUID, post back here and I'll post a link.

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
madmartinez

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 11:02:48 PM »

i dl'd something the other day that told me it was at 1x but i dont want to trust that so a link would nice, i built the machine myself and upgraded the motherboard, it says 8x is enabled but but the graphics doesnt seem to handle as much as it did with the old board and crashes easily. graphic card is a geforce fx 5200

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 01:57:49 AM »

I have a GeForce FX5200 as well. I have no problems wiht it. What mobo did you have and what mobo did you upgrade to?

Follow this link and click on the download button on the left:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002374/

When you download and run WCPUID you want to click on the "chipset info" button or select chipset info from the drop-down menu. A window should pop up with info about your mobo chipset info on the left and AGP info on the right, you want to look at "Data rate". The left column displays what the AGP data rate is 4x/8x etc.

Hope this helps. Let me know what you get.

madmartinez

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 04:11:06 PM »

i used to have some nasty asrock mobo now got a msi k7n2 . was also told today that it could be a ram problem and that i should be usin MATCHED RAM ? rather than the standard cheap stuff u buy. so i dl'd ram medic that gives u a lil graph thing that shows u when ur usin mem. loaded up farcry and the level drops to nothing and it crashes to windows ??

could my problem be anything to do wid usin standard cheapo ram ?

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 01:27:59 AM »

It's possible that the RAM could be causing the crash. Try using Memtest to see if your RAM is faulty. How much RAM do you have? As far as cheap memory goes i think you get what you pay for so if you pay cheap you get cheap.

madmartinez

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2004, 01:45:01 PM »

ive got 768mb of ddr 333mhz, 1 stick of 256 and another 512 stick.

tried the memtest thing and let it go on for 5 hours. how many tests does it do Huh??

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 02:26:04 PM »

I'm not sure how many tests it does. I've never had a reason to run it. I presume you must have to configure how many tests you want to use before you tell it to start. If you want to try another test program go to the "overclocking, modding and cooling" forum and click on the thread titled "Test Software" by me and scroll down trough it and you'll find links to some other programs.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: