MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Locking Controls Problem
October 19, 2019, 06:11:40 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 06:11:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Locking Controls Problem  (Read 1200 times)
hydrophoenix

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2004, 07:15:28 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP Pro
Problem Application Name & Version: Games, mainly FPS shooters.
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Unsure
Error Messages: none

Erm, I wasn't entirely sure what section to post this under, but seeing as it affects my games the most I thought I'd post here.

The problem i'm getting only started fairly recently, when i'm playing games, FPS games mainly, everynow and then, the controls will, for lack of better terminology, freeze, while the game continues to run, so if i'm say, strafing and shooting, it'll lock like that for say, 5 seconds, then return back to normal, I've had this problem for a while, and it's starting to get more than annoying.

To attempt to solve this i've reinstalled graphics drivers, reinstalled the operating system and generally messed around with various graphics settings etc, but I can't come up with anything.

Just wondering if any of you have had the same/similar problem, and have come up with some sort of solution.

Regards

breezeit

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 09:43:01 PM »

when u r playing the game, try not to press the same key for too long.

hydrophoenix

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 10:31:22 PM »

Yeah I know that, if I do that on my pc, the pc speaker gives a squeak so i know if it's because i'm holding the keys down for too long.

Darksniper

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 08:46:03 AM »

May sound simple but have you tried using a different keyboard?  Maybe using a usb keyboard just to be sure its not the ps2 port?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: