MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: slowness and noises
August 11, 2020, 02:16:26 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 11, 2020, 02:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: slowness and noises  (Read 646 times)
Tylerye

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2004, 09:59:10 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Problem Application Name & Version: don't actually know the problem
Problem Hardware Make & Model:don't actually know the problem
Error Messages:don't actually know the problem

When I open my start menu to look at my programs, or hover over some of the folders in my start menu, my computer freezes for about 5 seconds and goes into an odd  sequence of the same clicking that happens when the computer runs a program, except it's not random but has a distinct "1-2-3" rhythm to it. I don't know what's wrong with the computer, but the clicking is annoying and makes the computer run slower. Help please.

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 09:10:11 AM »

Strange situation, but it sounds to me like there are errors on your hard drive, and that drive could very well be dying. How old is the computer? How old is the hard drive? What model?

Alternatively, it could just be a basic Windows problem. Do you have all the most up-to-date drivers installed for every piece of hardware one the machine, right down to the IDE controller? That would help eliminate the possiblity that it was some sort of driver problem.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows again (after backing up all your important data, favourites, e-mail, etc.)

Shplad

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: