MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: hotmail attachment repair
May 30, 2020, 12:40:16 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2020, 12:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: hotmail attachment repair  (Read 1609 times)
ScouterDoug

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2004, 10:52:05 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

My problem is with my email(hotmail) when I receive an email with an attachment I can open it or when it opens its blank, this has endured for the passed month. I have tried to repair it through outlook ,tools,options,security and so on with no results,,I'm at my wits end need help quick please..

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 08:33:48 AM »

ScouterDoug:

How are you accessing your Hotmail, through a web browser? Through Outlook?

If it's through Outlook, perhaps you have your security settings too high to be able to access your attachments properly.

I don't know if Hotmail is doing this, but Yahoo and other free e-mail companies have implemented virus protection. Perhaps some of your attachments are being blocked because Yahoo's servers suspect a virus?

Shplad

ScouterDoug

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 07:02:21 PM »

Hi Shplad thanks for the reply... I contact my email through Look comunication, from there I go to M.S.N. ,then to my hotmail, I open my email if it has an attachment it comes up blank when I try to access it. I have checked my look browers to down grade any virus protection through that end, I have Norton antivirus so I am protected by them. I don't know where to go from here, is there something I can download to bring things back to normal, even the arrows to go back and forward are gone, thats the arrows at the top right side in the email structure beside the inbox icon. let me know if you need anymore info thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: