MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: sound problems on new board
September 18, 2019, 11:48:57 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2019, 11:48:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sound problems on new board  (Read 644 times)
mican60

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:40:14 PM »

I have just built a PC for a freind but have come across a problem that has me stumped. The PC is built on a APOX 8RDA31 NForce2 M/B it has a Athlon Barton 300+ cpu, 1gb DDR ram and a ATI radeon 9600 256MB graphics card, and i intended to use the sound on board. The problems started when I had loaded XP,Graphics drivers, M/B drivers inc chipset and sound. on startup of windows we had sound but it was cut short, after that there was no sound from either the CD rom or the PC sounds. I checked all the settings in the sounds including speaker and volume, all were fine. to try to get around the problem i then switched off the PC and installed a new soundcard, a soundblaster live 5.1 when i switched back on I entered the bios and switched off the onboard sound, formatted the H/D and reloaded all the software and drivers only this time using the drivers for the new soundcard.
When I restarted the PC it went through post as usual and started to load windows XP on entering the desktop screen we again got the sound but again it was cut short, and we found that we had exactly the same problem and again all the settings for sound were fine.
I would much appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on the suject, its been driving me potty.

M Wheller
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: