MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Security & Viruses arrow Topic: adware problem [lspak.dll] Help please!
October 18, 2019, 04:11:38 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2019, 04:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: adware problem [lspak.dll] Help please!  (Read 7276 times)
NTC0394

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2004, 02:16:16 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Winxp Sp1
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I have a Windows Xp machine.. P4 2.8 Ghz.. 512mb DDR SDRAM.. if you need more info email me.. or post it..

ok, here's my situation:

I had a several infection problem a few hours ago (yesternight..Smiley)

My sister(she's a rookie in the field of computers) was victim of a drive by download, and when she clicked ok on the window a few moments latter every thing went crazy(thats her story)..

And when I got home, I noticed new short cuts on my desktop, new icons on my system tray.. a new p*rn tool bar on my internet browser (IE 6 or something),My homepage was changed,and when I entered a web page I was redirected to some strange page,I was constantly recieving pop ups, lots of them(every time I opened my internet browser), the ad-watch(lavasoft, ad-aware)logged and blocked more than 200 hundred attempts of some strange program trying to midify the registry, and it kept logging and blocking the attempts.
So I ran a Scan with ad-aware 6 it detected like 200 hundred objects (between files folders registry keys and stuff).. it was eable to erease almost every thing.. then I ran a scan with Spybot s&D, it also detected a few more objects and deleted a few, then a rebooted my pc and ad-aware 6 started at the begining and deleted what was left. then I ran another scan, one with each program, and both said every thing was ok, there were no suspicious objects,My browser wasn't hijacked anymore but I kept recieving those pop ups and every time there was a "file not found" or the loading of any page failed I was redirected to a search page...
so I scanned my computer with Norton Antivirus 2004 it detected 16 trheats (like four trojans, and te rest were adware threats(strange that ad-aware didn't0_o)), it deleted 11 objects, failed to delete the other ones, I rebooted my computer, and scanned again on safe mode, it detected the 5 left and deleted 4, but just 1 was left, and norton was uneable to delete it ,C:\WINDOWS\system32\lspak.dll, and so I tried manualy(I don't know if I did wrong or right) I deleted it, and rebooted my pc but when I started there was a problem with norton antivirus, it just wouldn't run and there was no icon on the system tray,I didn't konw if it was related to that file(C:\WINDOWS\system32\lspak.dll) but still I restored my sistem (to a restore point created by spybot S&D) and it was working again(norton),
and I scanned my computer again and there it was that file (and some others) it deleted them all except lspak.dll..

and thats where I am now, I don't know what to do with that file, I've never seen it before, but norton says its adware and if I delete it norton stops working (I think) the strange thing is that ad-aware and spybot don't detect it, and i dont know if its harmless or if it can be a hassle latter on, so far I havent noticed anything strange,
but I ran a scan with hijack this! just in case and heres the log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.0
Scan saved at 5:56:38 PM, on 7/18/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\slserv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe
C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudioScheduleMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\navw32.exe
C:\TEST\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\waol.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\shellmon.exe
C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\aolwbspd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\slrundll.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.emachines.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.emachines.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.emachines.com/
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\01.01.1629.0\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &DownloadStudio - {CB789373-04D5-4ef4-9C16-871463FD0830} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\WebDLBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {D848A3CA-0BFB-4DE0-BA9E-A57F0CCA1C13} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID NAV /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadStudio] C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudioScheduleMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "c:\program files\steam\steam.exe" -silent
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BigFix.lnk = C:\Program Files\BigFix\BigFix.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Image Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_img.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Page Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Target Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_file.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Page Links Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_link.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {4D0C4820-53F7-4d79-A2E1-5252683CF69C} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudio.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &DownloadStudio - {4D0C4820-53F7-4d79-A2E1-5252683CF69C} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudio.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra button: DownloadStudio - {7FCA7BD7-8F4D-4a81-BE72-A470F4E517D5} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\WebDLBar.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Instant Messenger (SM) - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\aim\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\lspak.dll
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.emachines.com
O16 - DPF: Toki Toki Boom - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/vtn_x.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Pool 2 - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/potd_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab28578.cab
O16 - DPF: {87067F04-DE4C-4688-BC3C-4FCF39D609E7} - http://download.websearch.com/Dnl/T_50138/QDow_AS2.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab28578.cab
O16 - DPF: {DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726} - http://www.bundleware.com/activeX/DS3/DS3.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2DED3BC3-5AB7-4145-A02B-05B184883BA5}: NameServer = 198.81.16.4

I dont know, what files do harm on my computer, what to erease, so if you please help me and find whats wrong with this log file and how to fix it, or know whats wrong with that "lspak.dll" file I'd appreciate it

Cogito Ergo Sum
benditup

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:32:43 AM »

That file has been popping up more and more recently
Not much is know about it.... It may be easily removable with LSP FIX
but there's not much info on it

Can you try this first----create a fresh restore point

Do another Scan with Hijackthis and put a check next to these entries and then FIX CHECKED when ALL other windows are closed

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {D848A3CA-0BFB-4DE0-BA9E-A57F0CCA1C13} - (no file)

O16 - DPF: {87067F04-DE4C-4688-BC3C-4FCF39D609E7} - http://download.websearch.com/Dnl/T_50138/QDow_AS2.cab

O16 - DPF: {DDFFA75A-E81D-4454-89FC-B9FD0631E726} - http://www.bundleware.com/activeX/DS3/DS3.cab

RESTART your computer

Copy and paste this next line into your browsers address bar and hit GO
javascript:navigator.userAgent
post back the results

Could you also
Go HERE

Download VX2.BetterInternet Finder XP/2k version MSG 126

Run Vx2Finder. Click on the *click to find VX2.BetterInternet* button. Then click *make log.*
Post the log also

Could you also let me know any information you can find on this
one
c:\windows\system32\lspak.dll
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 03:36:07 AM by benditup » Logged

NTC0394

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 07:39:27 AM »

Hey, I did everything you told me.

I used the LSP-FIX, selected slpak.dll and it fixed something; then I sacanned with norton(since it's the only one who detects it) and it didn't fail this time, it removed it...Smiley
And when I rebooted my machine there was no problem at all concerning Norton Antivirus and as far as I can see nothing wrong with anything else either.

This is what I get when I type(cut and paste in this case) javascript:navigator.useragent:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; {79438249-0400-409C-BF00-F353E6E37772}; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

Did what you told me with the vx2finder too, this is the log:

Log for VX2.BetterInternet File Finder

Files Found---

Guardian Key--- is called:

User Agent String---
{79438249-0400-409C-BF00-F353E6E37772}

I couldn't find any useful info regarding c:\windows\system32\lspak.dll so far, I found some sites In some wierd languages(russian mostly) that have that word(lspak.dll), and that it's some dudes' email. But info about the file it self, None.
But I'll keep looking and as soon as I find anything I'll post it

oh! and.. just in case you whant to check heres the hijack this log file after i did everything you toldme:

Scan saved at 11:59:58 PM, on 7/18/2004

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudioScheduleMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.emachines.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.emachines.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.emachines.com/
O2 - BHO: IE Download Monitor - {8170D7DC-BDD6-461e-88EB-F047257898C9} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DLMonitr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\01.01.1629.0\en-us\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &DownloadStudio - {CB789373-04D5-4ef4-9C16-871463FD0830} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\WebDLBar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NAV CfgWiz] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CfgWiz.exe /GUID NAV /CMDLINE "REBOOT"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sunkist2k] C:\Program Files\Multimedia Card Reader\shwicon2k.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DownloadStudio] C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudioScheduleMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] c:\Program Files\MusicMatch\MusicMatch Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Iomega Drive Icons] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\ImgIcon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Deskup] C:\Program Files\Iomega\DriveIcons\deskup.exe /IMGSTART
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MessengerPlus3] "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! 3\MsgPlus.exe" /WinStart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Image Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_img.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Page Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_all.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download Target Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_file.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Show Page Links Using DownloadStudio... - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\ds_link.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {4D0C4820-53F7-4d79-A2E1-5252683CF69C} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudio.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &DownloadStudio - {4D0C4820-53F7-4d79-A2E1-5252683CF69C} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DownloadStudio.exe
O9 - Extra button: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ - {6224f700-cba3-4071-b251-47cb894244cd} - C:\Program Files\ICQ\ICQ.exe
O9 - Extra button: DownloadStudio - {7FCA7BD7-8F4D-4a81-BE72-A470F4E517D5} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\WebDLBar.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Instant Messenger (SM) - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\PROGRA~1\aim\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\MSMSGS.EXE
O16 - DPF: Toki Toki Boom - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/vtn_x.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Pool 2 - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/potd_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {14B87622-7E19-4EA8-93B3-97215F77A6BC} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab28578.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab28578.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2DED3BC3-5AB7-4145-A02B-05B184883BA5}: NameServer = 198.81.19.4

And thanks!! Smiley

Cogito Ergo Sum
NTC0394

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 08:02:08 AM »

this might help. when Norton detected lspak.dll the name of the threat was adware.VirtuMonde.. and I checked the backed up Items.. And it was not the only one..
these are the ones that I found:

Coreak.dll
lspak.dll
rulesak.dll
updak.dll
jqzeaxaa.req
zianazty.xev
TargetSoftSetup.exe

they were all type adware.virtumonde, and they were all found on c:\windos\system32

and Virtumonde is an adware program that downloads and displays popups advertisments
« Last Edit: July 19, 2004, 08:10:20 AM by NTC0394 » Logged

Cogito Ergo Sum
benditup

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 12:43:56 AM »

Hi NTC0394
Can you download this version of VX2 finder and run it and post that log
thanks, Sorry it took me so long to get back,
Thanks for the info on lspak.dll

VX2 finder

NTC0394

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 06:23:15 AM »

hey benditup

Heres the log file

Log for VX2.BetterInternet File Finder

Files Found---

Guardian Key--- is called:

User Agent String---
{79438249-0400-409C-BF00-F353E6E37772}

Cogito Ergo Sum
benditup

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 09:57:30 PM »

Let's go through the whole fix with VX2, just in case

Open the VX2 finder program again.
Click "Click To find Find VX2.Abetterinternet" button.
Select all the files found.
Click the 'Delete These Files' button

The program will delete all files but one that will be deleted on reboot.
Allow program to reboot.

Once Restarted:
Click 'Guardian.reg'.
Click 'User Agent'.
Click 'Restore Policy'

Not all may be highlighted

Post back and let me know how your doing

NTC0394

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2004, 05:32:16 AM »

hi benditup

well, I did that, but when I click the "click to find VX2.betterinternet" button, it doesn't find any files and I guess thats good, that I'm clean.
But why did you want me to do  that, did you find something wrong on my hijackthis log...

anyhoo, I'll post the hijackthis file

(I installed DAP7, I know it has adware and stuff, but I wanted to download something, and my other download manager couldn't handle it and dap seems to work pretty well, but I noticed since the momment I installed Dap that my pc became kinda slow, I don't know if its because of DAP or something else, but I don't worry Im just waiting for that file to finish downloading and i'll uninstall DAP)

Scan saved at 10:31:21 PM, on 7/21/2004

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RUNDLL32.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\TEST\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe
C:\TEST\DAP\DAP.exe
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\wkcalrem.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Luis M. Delgado\My Documents\Software\VX2Finder(2).exe

O2 - BHO: IE Download Monitor - {8170D7DC-BDD6-461e-88EB-F047257898C9} - C:\Program Files\Conceiva\DownloadStudio\DLMonitr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [SpybotSnD] "C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\TEST\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\TEST\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2DED3BC3-5AB7-4145-A02B-05B184883BA5}: NameServer = 198.81.17.134

Cogito Ergo Sum
dodgem340

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2004, 09:47:36 PM »

I also had a machine that was infected with adware and such.  I ran Ad-aware with the current update file and it seemed to clear it up pretty well.  The machine was still having a few pop-ups however.  I ran BulletProof and it found a couple more files and registry entries, and it also flagged the cookies.  I noticed on this machine the following files.  sporder.dll, rulesak.dll, lspak.dll, coreak.dll, and updak.dll.  All these files had a recent file date on them.  I renamed the files, and rebooted the computer, and noticed that I could no longer get an IP address.  I used the LSP-fix, it corrected the registry entries which pointed to the file(s), and I was successfully able to remove the files.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: