MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: USB Keyboard
November 22, 2019, 10:01:19 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 10:01:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: USB Keyboard  (Read 725 times)
CJ Barone

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2004, 05:15:59 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP OEM Home
Problem Application Name & Version: N/A
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Dragon USB eMail Keyboard
Error Messages: N/A

My USB keyboard (actually, my friend's) does not want to work with his new computer. I have been using a PS/2 keyboard to get it set up, get the settings nice, updates, etc. I updated the BIOS using the Intel updater thing, and it went successfully. I have the USB Legecy option enabled (Which it told me to do), and it still doesn't detect the keyboard. I have also tried using one of those ten buck green USB-to-PS/2 mouse converters, before and after the updates, and that won't work either. The motherboard claims that it can handle the USB keybaord, and the CPU and chipset also say they can

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 06:15:07 PM »

CJ:

There probably aren't that many things to try, but...
for diagnostic purposes:

1. Are you able to use any other usb devices? Which ones?
2. (I know this sounds dumb, but...does the kbd require any batteries?
Yes, most usb keyboards get their power from the usb port, but still, some don't and require batteries, esp. the cordless ones.

3. Do you have any resource conflicts in device manager which might prevent the usb ports from work properly?
4. Have you checked that your using up-to-date versions of the USB drivers?

5. Have you tried the keyboard on another machine?

Shplad

CJ Barone

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 07:31:57 PM »

Believe it or not, I did trya ll of that... Except for the batteries, because there isn't a place to put them. It just plain doesn't work

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: