MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: Router and Network Problem
October 20, 2019, 06:58:36 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 06:58:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Router and Network Problem  (Read 1314 times)
smudger

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2004, 06:44:52 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I have just bought a linksys wireless G ADSL Gateway router model number - WAG54G.
I have managed to get it to work so that my main PC and my second PC can both connect to the internet.
I can not however get the PC's to share files and the printer etc. I have been through the troubleshooter but i am still unable to rectify the problem. I have completed the network set up wizard on both PC's.
Am I correct in saying that I can share files and my printer on a home network by just using my linksys WAG54G router on my main PC and by using a linksys WUSB11 ver 2.6 network adapter on my second PC?
I have been through the troubleshooter and have run the network set up wizard but i am still unable to share files/printer. I have disabled and deleted the bridge connection on the second pc but this has made no difference. I do not have a bridge connection on the main pc. I still can not network with my other pc. I can connect to the internet on both pc's.
Any idea how i can get my home network to work so i can share filesprinter?

Please help.

shplad

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 01:25:58 AM »

smudger:
'
You did not mention which operating system each PC is using. If you're using
NT, 2000 or XP, then each user should have a corresponding user account on each PC, otherwise security will prevent you from accessing files.

Also, do you have file and printer sharing for microsoft networks installed on each PC?

Do both computer have similar protocols installed?

Have you shared folders on each PC?

Shplad

smudger

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 09:03:18 AM »

Both pc's are using windows xp home edition.
Both should have a corresponding user account? What does that mean? How do i check? What would i need to do to change anything?
do you have file and printer sharing for microsoft networks installed on each PC? Answer, yes.
Do both computer have similar protocols installed? I do not know what that means?
Folders and printer are shared on both pc's.

Thank You.

ccchiro

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 01:36:57 AM »

Check under my computer/properties/Computer name and see that they both have the same workgroup (e.g. HOME (any name is fine)).  If not rename them to both be in the same workgroup.

Hope that helps...

smudger

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 08:00:36 AM »

The workgroup has the same name. Neither of the computers have the same name so there is no conflict there. Can you please answer the points in made in the  reply from me earlier.
Any more suggestions please? I still can not get it to work.

Thanks.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: