MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: XP freezes at startup
November 13, 2019, 02:20:55 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 02:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XP freezes at startup  (Read 1023 times)
WarriorPolitik

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2004, 09:40:56 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:XP
Comp: 1.7 Ghz P4 Alienware

Okay, here's the problem. Turned on the comp this morning, and it froze at the XP start screen, little blue tiles just kept cookin instead of going into the windows welcome screen. Didn't think much of it, restarted and used the Last Working pref option. Computer started up like a charm. About three hours down the road, I'm sitting about on the web, and the computer enters the lovely blue screen of death. One I haven't seen before at that. Something about making a core dump, couldn't read it all as the computer decided at that particular time to shut down completely. Restart the computer yet again, it doesn't work, restart and use last pref again, this time that doesn't work. Now, I've not installed anything on the computer in the last three days short of music match plus. I've only been on the net and playing Lineage 2 outside of that. Been working fine.
   Now, I get into safe mode (note: safe mode w/ networking freezes, command prompt works fine), it runs like mad. I've messed with msconfig, tried diagnostic mode, it still freezes at the same point outside of safe mode. Also, in safe mode system restore will NOT start up. It instead gives a message about not being able to back up the system. Not sure if it's hardware or what, but my video card isn't doing it, and nothing else plug and play seems to be either. Interesting thing is, I can't turn numlock on or off when XP's booting.
   Any ideas?

WarriorPolitik

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:51:44 PM »

rofl, okay, now we've taken a step up. I can no longer get into Safe mode, as it freezes at \WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys in the que. Bloody entertaining, no?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: