MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: how to stop pen drives from stealing data
November 22, 2019, 05:05:42 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 05:05:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: how to stop pen drives from stealing data  (Read 1039 times)
Alok

Alok

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2004, 06:39:06 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win98 se
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:
Hello Admin
i got a different question kindly help me
one of my students asked me that is there any method to block pen drive says he is having a computer and appointed a man to work on that machine but he have the bckup of some valuble data on that machine and he don't want to share it to other because his work is based on the data now he want to stop pen drive because he have a such a bulk data that can't be transfered via floppies only cd writing is the solution and usb based drives he removed cd writter
but unable to stop the pen drive
although i had asked him to set the os 2000 but he asked me is there any provision for win98se !!!!
kindly help me
regards
Alok
because he can't stop USB port because the port is used for usb nased devices
kindly suggest me

ALOK TIWARI
mralokkp
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 03:51:35 PM »

Smartline Devicelock v5.6    
Size: 1.75mb 2004.07.21  

http://www.protect-me.com/download/devicelock.zip

Are Open USB and FireWire Ports Your Greatest Vulnerability? Close Them Now with DeviceLock! Firewalls and antivirus software are no defense against acts of data theft and corruption from within your organization at local endpoints. You don't have to be an administrator to connect a small digital camera, MP3 player, or flash memory stick to the USB and begin uploading or downloading whatever you want. If you are a system administrator, you know you can't manage such device-level activity via Group Policy. Using DeviceLock, network administrators can lock out unauthorized users from USB and FireWire devices, WiFi and Bluetooth adapters, CD-Rom and floppy drives, serial and parallel ports and many other plug-and-play devices. Once DeviceLock is installed, administrators can control access to any device, depending on the time of day and day of the week. The USB white list allows you to authorize only specific devices that will not be locked regardless of any other settings. The intention is to allow special devices (e.g. smart card readers) but lock all other devices. DeviceLock allows you to generate a report concerning the permissions that have been set. You can see which users are assigned for what device and what devices are on the USB white list on all the computers across your network. Keep in mind that almost 80% of all security breaches come from the inside! DeviceLock is a best solution to secure NT and protect your network computers against attack from the inside.

Firewalls and antivirus software are no                         ___
___         defense against acts of data theft and                          ___
___         corruption from within your organization at                     ___
___         local endpoints. You don't have to be an                        ___
___         administrator to connect a small digital camera,                ___
___         MP3 player, or flash memory stick to the USB                    ___
___         and begin uploading or downloading whatever you                 ___
___         want. If you are a system administrator, you                    ___
___         know you can't manage such device-level activity                ___
___         via Group Policy.                                               ___
___         Using DeviceLock

Pages: [1] Go Up Print