MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: My Sound is Gone!
November 22, 2019, 07:22:07 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 07:22:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Sound is Gone!  (Read 841 times)
Jeanne

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2004, 05:58:42 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I am running Windows 98 SE on a Celeron 400 with 383 RAM. I started having problems logging onto my msn account and talked to some experts at windows to fix the problem. I tried to install xp and found out that xp will not go on this machine because my hard drive is not large enough. Windows had me use different cab files and dos to set up the modem again and get msn going. The problem now is, the sound is completely gone. I have uninstalled and installed the drivers again, used windows setup to have 98 find them, done all I know how to do to get it going again.. nothing works. The drivers are all installed.. Directx will not even test the sound, it says there is a problem accessing the system info, the sound, and the video and only gives me the option of skipping them. I know the speakers work, because I took them off of this computer and put them on my husbands. The sound card is on the motherboard and I have loaded it with the cd that came with this computer. The only thing I can find wrong in the system checker is that my AMR voice modem and the SoundMax card are sharing the same ICQ. Also when I go to control panel multimedia, under the audio it lists my AMR voice modem 4 times. I tried deleting them but windows says I have to delete it through device manager. When I do, it deletes it but brings it back the next time I boot and I have another AMR voice modem icon in multimedia. Anyone have any solution for this weird problem? I sure could use some help, this is driving me buggy!! I have some experience with computers but never have run up against this mess. Thanks in advance.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: