MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Kernel 32. DLL error messages
November 13, 2019, 02:39:01 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 02:39:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kernel 32. DLL error messages  (Read 1818 times)
Scott Hock

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2004, 06:57:40 AM »

Operating System Version:  ME / XP Home Version
Problem Hardware Make & Model: The PC is a Compaq 5150WM w/ 1.3 GHz AMD Athlon Processor.
Error Messages: various Kernel 32.DLL messages

I am trying to work on a PC for my brother. When the problem started XP was installed on the PC. He was getting Kernel 32.DLL error messages and couldn't open programs. I have fixed many problems in the past by using the restore cd that is for this specific model PC. The restore cd contains Windows ME. I have tried to install it several times with no luck. It installs so far and then gives the following error. Cmdninst has caused an error in kernel 32 .DLL  Cmdnist will now close. Also after closing the error window the ME intallation seams to continue but then gives an error as follows: Unzip has caused an error in kernel 32.DLL and will now close.

I also tried to install Windows EP Home Edition by formating the hard drive and changing the drive format to the NTFS file system. When installing XP it will install so far and then lock up. I then reboot and the XP installation starts over. Most times after reboot, XP will start over the installation and sometimes completes more with each reboot. It never totally completes without freezing or locking up. I have tried to install XP at least 6 times from the begining with no luck.

Hope someone can help me with this problem. Thanks so much for any help that you may have.

vegkaar

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 07:56:37 PM »

This error occurs when an application tries to access kernel32.dll's protected memory space. It may be one particular program or application, or multiple files and applications.

Also, this error may be caused by faulty hardware (bad memory modules, device drivers, etc.)

Restart your computer, press and hold down the CTRL key after your computer completes the Power On Self Test (POST), and then choose Safe Mode from the Startup menu.
In Safe mode, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
Click the Device Manager tab.
Disable devices that are installed under the following sections of the hardware tree:

Ports (COM & LPT)
Modems
Network adapters
Sound, video and game controllers
Universal Serial Bus controllers
Universal Serial Bus devices (if they exist)
Modem enumerator (if they exist)
Infrared Devices (if they exist)

To disable a device, double-click the section in the hardware tree to expand it, click the device, and then click Properties. Click to select the Disable in this hardware profile check box in the Device usage section, and then click OK.
Click OK to close Device Manager, and then restart your computer normally.
After Setup is complete, re-enable devices, one at a time, in Device Manager. Note that you must restart your computer after you re-enable each device. To re-enable devices, repeat steps 2 through 5 in normal mode (not in Safe mode), but click to clear the Disable in this hardware profile check box in the Device usage section in step 4. If you experience any problems after you re-enabling a particular device, remove that device from Device Manager, and then run the Add New Hardware tool in Control Panel. If this does not resolve the problem, contact your hardware manufacturer to see if an updated driver is available for the device that is causing the problem.

NOTE: To open Control Panel, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Vegard
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: