MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Graphics Problems, Blue Screen of Doom
November 14, 2019, 04:01:46 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 14, 2019, 04:01:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graphics Problems, Blue Screen of Doom  (Read 1180 times)
AlienMenace

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2004, 02:36:05 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

When I am running any game after awhile the graphics start to mess up or sometimes the game just locks up and I get kicked to the Blue Screen of Doom.  Where is says something like NV4.dsp problem.  I have to restart my computer where it doesnt recognize my USB mouse or keyboard.  I have learned how to trick my computer into starting up from that, I just plug my mouse into a USB adapter and plug it into the old style keyboard spot.  Anyways, I just got Doom 3 and I will be playing and out of nowhere the program just shuts down, right out to my Desktop.  I had this problem with my GeForce FX 5200 and I am still having it with my GeForce FX 5500.  I have ran DxDiag everything checks good, I have ran Norton Anti Virus, no problems there.  I have the latest drivers and direct X.  I have 2 fans running on my case, in addition to the fan on the Graphics card.  This problem occurs with all the games I have play thus far, Doom3, Final Fantasy 11, Far Cry, Masters of Orion 3, ect. ect.  I am at a loss right now.  PLEASE HELP ME.....

Windows XP/1 gig of Ram/AMD Athlon XP 2800+/System Model A7N8X2.0/Bios Phoenix-AwardBiosv6.00PG.

Struttech

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 02:09:11 AM »

it may depend on what type of video card you have I had a similar problem with an savage 2000 64meg card it did not have any xp driver support and crashed all the time because it did not like one of the newer version of direct X maybe try checkin out your video card see if there are any issues like that hope this helps or at least gives you another direction to look in

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: