MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Major monitor flicking and distortion.
February 27, 2020, 11:47:51 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 27, 2020, 11:47:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Major monitor flicking and distortion.  (Read 737 times)
Dalamar

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2004, 01:54:41 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: NEC Monitor, Gigabyte 9200 Vidio Card
Error Messages: N/A

Hi Guys,
I have been having major problems with my monitor/display for quite some time now, I have replaced the monitor and replaced the video card and the problem persists. I have major constant monitor flicker, which seems to increase when I increase the refresh rate (less flicker at 60Hz, almost unreadable text on 800x600 at 85Hz).
Since I've ruled out both the monitor and video card, any other idea of where to go. I'm pretty sure it can't be EMI as everything close to the monitor or pc that could effect it is well sheilded. Could this be caused through the actual power supply?

Dalamar

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 04:05:46 AM »

To futher explain this problem, it seems that the monitors rastor scan isn't properly syncronised.. when viewing a high resolution picture or text the image blurs then slowly doubles then comes back to centre then blurs then slowly doubles the other direction. When operating at a lower frequency it seems like a constant wave. The image on the monitor seems to have its good days and bad, where some times it is almost crystal clear, but the majority of times the two visible images seperate by about 3mm (on a 19inch screen). The monitor is a Philips 109B I don't think I mentioned that before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: