MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Flash drive driver problem
October 22, 2019, 05:03:25 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2019, 05:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash drive driver problem  (Read 1512 times)
toolDave

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2004, 12:45:16 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Win 98 SE
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:Cruzer Mini 256 mb Flash Drive
Error Messages: Fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:C1490FDE in VXD APIX(01) + 000317E. The current app. will be terminated, etc.

Tried to download and install the Win 98 SE driver from the Sandisk website. Two of the files don't unzip (data 1 and data 2). Winzip says they aren't unzippable as "it does not appear to be a valid archive." followed by instruction to try downloading it again, which I've done. Windows can't open the file "because it is not in the standard Microsoft CAB format. The "signature bytes" required by the Microsoft CAB specification are missing.
When I "press any key.." to continue, my screen is mostly black, but some icons and stuff will come back, at least enough to reach the "Start" button to restart the computer. On restart,I get another "fatal exception" 0E at 0028:0003013. When I again "press any key.." I get another one, this one is 0D at 1CAF:0000029E, which then repeats every time I "press any key to continue". Only way out at this point is to force the shutdown by powering off.
I got this flash drive so I could transport the "Network Setup Wizard" from my new XP machine to my old one. I can save the Wizard to a disk, but my new machine has no removable disk drive, other than CD-RW.
What can I do?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 01:11:31 AM by toolDave » Logged

toolDave

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 10:03:36 PM »

:)It's fixed. Here's what was wrong (thanks to the support people at Sandisk): There was a driver conflict with Adaptec Easy CD Creator and Direct CD, which came bundled with my HP Pavilion. I had to update to  Easy CD 3.5c and the floppy107.exe patch, which were obtained from ROXIO at http://www.roxio.com/en/support/archive/archiveupdateswin.html
After that, the flashdrive worked fine. Thought I'd let you know how my problem got fixed.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: