MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Safe Mode-Cannot login under Admin
November 20, 2019, 10:52:05 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 10:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Safe Mode-Cannot login under Admin  (Read 893 times)
freakygirl_231

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2004, 03:45:06 AM »

It began with the elitebar - simple problem - thought I could go in safe mode and delete under program files. Main problem is: I have XP and when I go into Safe Mode there are only two logons available - Administrator & my daughters (totally excluding my own personal one). Tried logging under Administrator - it freezes - it gets as far as loading my personal settings and that is it. I then went & logged in under my daughters name (which I was able to get in) but the file (elitebar) was not there under program files. It now seems the elitebar is now the least of my worries Lips Sealed Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Tara
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 05:14:03 AM »

If all is well, there's a 3rd login. On the login screen press CTRL+ALT+DEL TWICE. That gives you the All overriding Windows Administrator login. It's just called Administrator without a password (talk about secure, huh? Wink).

Try it through there.

Jord.
freakygirl_231

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2004, 06:39:52 PM »

It worked!! Thanks Smiley

Thanks,

Tara
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: