MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: **Problem with DirectX Drivers**
November 13, 2019, 03:50:52 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 03:50:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: **Problem with DirectX Drivers**  (Read 3368 times)
lantern78

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2004, 07:56:59 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:WINDOWS XP
Problem Application Name & Version:SIMS2
Problem Hardware Make & Model:PACKARD BELL M820
Error Messages:"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0C Compatible Graphics adapters in system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0C Compatible Graphics Adapter & have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufactuer. This Application will now terminate".

I recently purchesed the Sims2 Game and installed it today. After the normal installation process it gave me the okay to load up the game. When I started to run it the game, I got the above Warning Message.
I tried everything I could think of, I went to the Microsoft Website, downloaded the latest DirectX Drivers. Went to Packard Bell website and downloaded the Nividia Geforce Drive which is required to play the game, Even downloaded the drives which came with Sims2 but Istill get the above warning message.  I tried downloading everything again turning off all firewalls, and still the same even uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Any help with this prob will be great.

Cheers,

Will.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 10:26:09 AM by lantern78 » Logged

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 09:25:27 PM »

I take it you have some kind of nVidia videocard or onboard videochip?
Did you install any of the drivers after you downloaded them (yes, that may be a weird question, but let's check it anyway). Did you uninstall the previous videocard drivers through start->control pnel->add/remove drivers, reboot, then install the new drivers? If you didn't, use that procedure.

Also, it would be wiser to download the drivers from nvidia. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Jord.
lantern78

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 11:41:33 AM »

Thanks Heaps Jee!
I did what you said and its all working fine now.

Cheers for that.

Will.

Monsu

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 08:33:52 PM »

I've downloaded and installed all those things mentioned above, but I still get that same error.

holgers

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 08:38:34 PM »

hi there i recently bought a new computer

pentium4,
3.0 ghz,128mb radeon 9200 se graphics card
,512 mb ram......

i bought the sims 2 and installed it ,when i go to start it this error comes up

'Failed to find a Direct X 9.0c compatible graphics adapter'

i have directx 9.0c and my graphics card is compatible

please can someone help me

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 06:53:58 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Monsu

I've downloaded and installed all those things mentioned above, but I still get that same error.

And your system specificiation is what exactly?

@holgers, make sure you have the latest Ati Catalysts (4.9) installed. You don't need the big version with the Control Center, as your card isn't in its support list. Just pick the regular ones.
Get them from http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html

Make sure you also uninstall the old drivers and reboot before you reinstall the new ones.

Jord.
PrEtTyCeLLoBabe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 08:02:40 PM »

ok i kno many many people will hate me but im having that same dumb Sims2 problem Undecided. You know the story i installed the game but when i go to start it i get the same error message as Will..."Failed to find any DirectX 9.0C Compatible Graphics adapters in system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0C Compatible Graphics Adapter & have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufactuer. This Application will now terminate". Ive tried alot of things but the truth is im not so good with tech stuff so i kinda need someone nice enough to give me very slow acurate advice lol. I opened the DirectX diagnostic tool and clicked display all the other things were ok but i got this: The file i81xdnt5.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer. Now this may be obvious but im seriously confused so if ne one could help me and excuse my slowness hahaha cause i really wanna play this game.

mommyof4

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 07:25:34 AM »

I am also having the same problem:(  I am told that I need to get a better video card which really stinks after waiting for this game for a year and spending $50.00 on it, now I have to purchase a new video card.  If anyone can give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.  Here's some info about my computer:
Dell Dimension 2200
Processor: Intel Pentium III  1296MHz
Graphics Card: Intel i810e
Operating System: Windows XP

???I have no idea what graphics card to purchase, price, or how to install it.
Can I install it myself?  Would it be similar to installing memory?
Please someone help me.
Here's my email
romeonlissa@bellsouth.net:-[

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 06:18:31 PM »

Originally posted by PrEtTyCeLLoBabe

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0C Compatible Graphics adapters in system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0C Compatible Graphics Adapter & have installed the latest drivers provided by your manufactuer. This Application will now terminate". Ive tried alot of things but the truth is im not so good with tech stuff so i kinda need someone nice enough to give me very slow acurate advice lol.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font></blockquote>
Could you tell me what kind of videocard you have? That would make a world of difference in trying to help you.

To make most graphics cards DirectX 9.0c compatible, you need the latest drivers for the videocard, not the latest that Windows Update are saying are WHQL. And of course install DirectX 9.0c.

For Ati cards you get your drivers from http://mirror.ati.com/support/driver.html

For nVidia cards you get your drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

For Matrox cards you get your drivers from http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/drivers/latest/home.cfm
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 06:19:29 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 06:22:38 PM »

@mommyof4:

Get yourself a decent videocard, one you feel happy with (brand wise), that is in the list of cards that's needed for this game, but not one that sets you back half your bank-account. So there's no real need to get the latest Ati or nVidia card.

If you don't feel like installing it yourself, ask in your neighborhood if someone can do it. Most youngsters know how to do so, but a local PC shop can do it as well.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: