MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: CD Burner Burns static
June 05, 2020, 03:18:59 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2020, 03:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD Burner Burns static  (Read 1266 times)
aerina

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2004, 08:29:24 PM »

Hi,

I am using Windows xp HOME.  I have a samsung cd burner in a Dell computer that is a 3 ghz and 512 ram.  I have sound blaster card.  My cd burner buirns static instead of music.  It burns all other stuff just fine.  MP3 work as well as the sound on Videos, but wavs are static.  I am trying to make a cd for my new car (how patheic the old car was a tape deck) I have tried everything I can imagine to make this thing work.  I have used Sonic Record Now, Windows Media 10, Nero (umm the newest version) Music Match, Burn for free (something I found on download.com)  And the copy paste feature that XP came with.  Every single appliucation burns successfully, no error messages, but every cd ios static.  I have tried every suggestion I have found on the net, I even unplugged my speakers.  I cant burn a music cd for anything Sad  I think its a win xp thing though cause I didnt have any trouble making cd in win 98.  If anyone know of some crazy setting I am missing or any other idea, please please let me know.  Thank you

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 06:47:33 PM »

Hi there, sorry for the late answer.

A couple of questions for you.
1. Is it always the same WAV file that you burn off?
2. If it is, have you considered that the file itself isn't correct or corrupt?
3. What did you use to make the WAV file with? (If you want to re-convert, try CDex.)
4. Use one burner program only. Choose which one you want, uninstall the rest as they could interfere.
5. Have you got any codecs installed?

Jord.
aerina

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 11:16:26 PM »

A couple of questions for you.
1. Is it always the same WAV file that you burn off?
Yes
2. If it is, have you considered that the file itself isn't correct or corrupt?
no it works as an mp3 just fine, and I had burned some of these very same songs wayyyy back when under win 98
3. What did you use to make the WAV file with? (If you want to re-convert, try CDex.)I did use one file to convert I forget its name now, maybe cakewalk.  But mostly I just used software that auto converyed (ie nero)
4. Use one burner program only. Choose which one you want, uninstall the rest as they could interfere.
Yes sonic wont install with nero and I uninstalled sonic first before putting in nero.  Windows media stayed installed though.
5. Have you got any codecs installed?
I have a divx  codecs(actually I have no idea what these are but my dad said I needed them to watch a video he sent me)

Thank you for the reply.

an idiot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 11:40:36 PM »

i don't know if this could be your problem but these recents years they started not to let people burn copy-right music .. most of the time they would say it's a copyright song and you cannot burn it... but from what i see at your top answer it could be the file.. just try to burn another mp3 or wav who know it might work

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 12:28:05 PM »

Still, try to re-convert the actual mp3 to WAV again, then write the WAV file off to CD.
Don't use any of the burner's converters, but an application like CDex (that I linked to), as it will have all the latest codecs built in.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: