MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Monitor Problem - Pink Blur
November 20, 2019, 10:44:05 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 10:44:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monitor Problem - Pink Blur  (Read 775 times)
Gilloo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2004, 04:14:08 AM »

Hello, Im hoping someone can help me figure out What the heck is going on with this computer of mine......lol

Starting just this week, When I would click to open Any program, my whole screen would turn to a bright pink like a film covering the whole thing......I can still use everything, but because of the colour it makes it hard to SEE ..Its like looking thru rose coloured glasses......lol

Now today, its been happening no matter what I am doing.....even as I type this it is going back and forth from white like it should be, to pink blur

Does this mean I need a new Monitor?

Im assuming its just on its way out, as I have had it doing little hiccup motions for awhile now too, which only annoys me, but doesnt affect how things run

Is there ANY way I can fix this problem With THIS monitor instead of a new one

(The graphic card I have has the latest drivers available so I cant update that)
------------------

Operating System: Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: Intel Pentium II, MMX, ~400MHz
Memory: 64MB RAM
Page File: 41MB used, 1942MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WIN
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 4.09.0000.0902 32bit

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 06:27:57 PM »

First check the monitor cable. Take the videoconnector out of the videocard (with the PC off!! so you don't blow the videocard.) and check if all pins are nice and straight and accounted for. (use this diagram to check)

If any pins are bent, use some tweezers to bent them back straight again, then plug the connector back in and turn the PC on. Still reddish-pink?

Wriggle the VGA connector. If it clears up, all you may need is a new VGA cable. If the cable is a one-fit to the back of your monitor, a good TV repair shop or PC shop should be able to put another connector or cable on.

If wriggling doesn't change a thing or makes it even worse, it's the elctron gun in your monitor that's losing it. Only then do you need a new monitor.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: