MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Game Crashes
October 20, 2019, 07:54:57 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 07:54:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game Crashes  (Read 1188 times)
boskki

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2004, 06:54:28 PM »

Hi,
I am having seriopus problems with championship manager 03/04 on my pc. I will try to give as much detail as possible below, here goes.

Right i have a new computer about 3 months old with 2.1G processor 512 Ram and 80GB hard drive with built in soundto my motherboard which is an ASRock K7S41GX and a 128 MB ATI Radeon 9200SE Graphics Card.

I am running windows XP which is totally up to date with service pack 2.
The problem is:
The computer gives me an error message with option to debug send error report or dont send. Which ever one i click it just takes me back to windows.(happens between 3-15mins gameplay).

I have been in contact with eidos and tried loads of trouble shooting but it just aint working.

I have tried the following
Completly wiped hard drive and reinstalled windows xp.
Completly wiped hard drive and reinstalled windows me.
Tried with all official updates on both OS.
Tried Championship manager 4 on both OS
Tried Championship manager 01/02 on both OS
with all of these i recieve the same errors.

I recieve similar msg's when playing Tiger Woods 2005 aswell.

The error msg says cm 03/04.exe(or which ever game) has caused a serious problem and must close. Then get options to view more details:

This is the Error signature:
AppName: cm0304.exe AppVer: 4.1.0.0 ModName: cm0304.exe
ModVer: 4.1.0.0 Offset: 0057be8d

and the more technical information is
Exception Information
Code: 0xc0000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x000000000097be8d

System Information
Windows NT 5.1 Build: 2600
CPU Vendor Code: 68747541 - 69746E65 - 444D4163
CPU Version: 000006A0 CPU Feature Code 0383FBFF
CPU AMD Feature Code: C1C3FBFF

Can Someone plaese help and explain to me what this means as i dont have a clue.

Cheers Sean

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 08:03:21 PM »

Your Ati card? Which drivers are you using?
You do know that the Radeon 9800SE is even less in speed and quality than a Radeon 9600Pro is? SE doesn't stand for Second Edition, but more like Slower Edition. You would have been better off with a normal 9800 or 9800 Pro.

Anyway, as asked, which drivers are you using? Which DirectX version are you using?
Have you installed the latest motherboard drivers?
If you have the options in the BIOS of the motherboard, what is your AGP Aperture Size set to? (try settings 64MB and 128MB, no lower, no higher); what is the AGP throughput speed set to? If AGP8x, try a lower setting like 4x or 2x. You will not notice any visual differences, but the stability of the videocard will increase.

When you install the latest videocard drivers, always uninstall the old ones. Not that that matters, as you formatted and reinstalled your Windows (a lot).

Try the above options, then report back.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: