MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Wireless Devices Problems arrow Topic: Wireless connection keep on getting disconnected
August 19, 2019, 04:47:35 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2019, 04:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wireless connection keep on getting disconnected  (Read 4486 times)
an idiot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2004, 07:50:17 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: winxp hom ed
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: HP ZE5375US
Error Messages:

i got the internal wireless card that came with the HP it's a 802.11b.. the first time i used it with the DI 624 rounter the one with the 108mbs speed. works fine until recently i keep on getting disconnected and reconnected. it seems like there's another wireless network somewhere here.. but i only have one preferred network which is the one in my house. also i tried with another USB wireless adapter which is a D-link DWL-G120 and still having the same problem? anyone know what i can do to get this working?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:37:06 PM »

You made sure that no-one outside your circle of use can use this internet? There should be a security option for that on the router and wifi cards.

Also, the 802.11b cards won't go any higher than 11 Megabits per second at a range of 100 metres. Divide that by 8 (8 bits per byte) to get to a theoretical maximum of megabytes per second.

Jord.
an idiot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 08:44:27 PM »

yeah i know the b card can't go pass it and all that... well i already added an encyption to the router and all.. i was able to connect to my router but than it get disc off and on kind of thing... i think i sorta figure it out already... i got it to work with the DWL-G120 USB adapter.. the problem was the network connection for the window keep on wanting to connect to the other network so it disc connect my network. once i disable the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" than use the program that comes with my adapter to connect to my router.. it's fine so far right now.. i'll try it later with my built in 802.11b adapter later

an idiot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 01:09:06 PM »

well.. it's better now but i still do get disconnected once in a while but it re-connect pretty fast.. wonder what's wrong when the connection from my place to the router have no wall or anything like that...

jb911

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 04:35:06 AM »

If your having problems with disconnects it could be your private address range, change your network from 192.168.1.x or whatever it is to something like 192.168.20.x your clients then will be on the .20 network and thus whatever signal is overlapping with yours yours will cease ensuring your route to the correct gateway and don't encounter those conflicts.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: