MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Processor and Monitor issues.....
June 19, 2019, 02:13:16 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2019, 02:13:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Processor and Monitor issues.....  (Read 963 times)
Jeffersonics

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2004, 10:39:24 AM »

Hi,

Problem: Athlon AMD XP 2400+ being recognised as XP 1800+.
Problem: OUT OF RANGE 143hz/119kh when trying to play Civilization III

Processor now being recognised incorrectly after a years good service. This may of been brought on by me trying to resolve an OUT OF RANGE issue that I am having each time I try to play Civilization III games. Never used to happen, but now everytime I try and play the game. I have tried to uninstall processor and monitor in the hope that my system would reinstall correct versions. I don't know enough about hardware to mess around with it, I should leave well alone. Please, please help.....

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 08:36:05 PM »

A monitor usually displays an "Out of Range" message when the picture being sent to it is too much. Check your monitor settings and see what the refresh rate is set at. What kind of monitor do you have? LCD or CRT?

The problem with the CPU usually happens when certain settings in the BIOS are changed so the computer thinks that the processor is a different one. Like if you changed the FSB or multiplier to a lower setting.

My CPU is an XP2600+ and the computer thinks it's a XP2700+ because I changed the settings in BIOS. Check your BIOS settings to see if there's something changed in there.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 05:04:13 PM »

quote:
Out of Range Message

The monitor displays this message when your video card has been set to send either a horizontal or vertical scanning frequency to the monitor which is out of the range of that monitor. The scanning frequency of a monitor varies from model to model. Please consult the specifications page in the users manual to determine the monitors' frequency range. Once this is done, set the horizontal and vertical scanning frequency on the video card to a number within the monitors' display capabilities and once again an image will be displayed on the screen.

In other words, install the suitable monitor drivers. If you monitor didn't come with drivers, install the nearest SVGA drivers that come to your resolution, example given: SGVA (1280x1024).

Yet it's best to look for the correct monitor drivers.

As for the CPU part, set the Front Side Bus to 133MHz. It'll probably be at 100MHz at this moment. The right multiplier is 15x.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: