MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Overclocking, Cooling & Modding Problems arrow Topic: Cooling system probs. please help
August 19, 2019, 05:07:30 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2019, 05:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cooling system probs. please help  (Read 3925 times)
drewd23

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2004, 05:22:30 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I have a toshiba satellite a15.  A message pops up sayin there's a prob. with the cooling system, turn off comp. and take it in for service.  
Is it something I can fix myself?  I can get in the comp and see the fan.  Can I replace it or let someone else do it?  plese help!  Thanks.

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 08:56:16 PM »

Toshiba Satellite is a laptop isn't it?

Either way I would open it up and then turn it on to see if the fan is spinning. If the fan isn't spinning then there's your problem. I would check for loose connections first and if that doesn't work then I'd say it'll need replacing. If you can get the parts you need to replace then you should be able to do it yourself. But I'll tell you now it ain't easy to get parts for Toshiba machines if you don't work for them or know some one who does.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
djshepp

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 05:34:06 AM »

Yes, Toshiba has a problem with their cooling fans going bad.  The variable speed cooling fan is a pain to locate.  However, you may find it at http://sparepartswarehouse.com.  The part number for the fan is P000377310 and runs about $30 no matter what website I have checked.  Its an easy replacement, three screws securing the cover and three screws to remove the fan and one cable connecting to the motherboard by the CPU.  The error message goes away and the computer is up an running in notime.

I highly recommend cleaning off the copper cooling filter next to the fan.  It helps with airflow and the laptop will run your fan less improving lifetime.  Goodluck.

DJ Sheppard
3 computers -- Tower AMD XP 2200 with Dual DVD+/-RW -- Toshiba Satellite A15 with Pentium 4 2G laptop -- Gateway Laptop (sucks) all networked via CAT5e with T1 internet
bullgoose

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 05:19:33 PM »

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite Pro 1800-S253 off E-bay; I'm getting the same message, and the fan isn't spinning; Thanks for the link & P/N, I guess I'll be getting a new fan.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: