MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Restart after playing few minutes
August 19, 2019, 04:50:06 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2019, 04:50:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Restart after playing few minutes  (Read 1038 times)
lowlife

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2004, 01:07:34 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: WinXP Home don't know about fixes...
Problem Application Name & Version: NBA Live 2004, Warcraft 3
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Whenever i try to play any "new" game like FIFA 2004, NBA 2004, Warcraft 3 or GTA 3 the starts working normally but after some minutes (always different) my PC RESTARTS... what can it be?
Thanks anyway

Technical Ben

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 02:01:12 PM »

Hi, I have had (and still do have) similar problems.
Microsoft Knoledge base has help with this if you have Windows 2000 and a AGP card. Might help with XP as well, do a search at the windows website.

It can be down to a number of things.
But mainly faulty hardware or overheating hardware is what I have found to caurse this problem.

You could check each peice of hardware, if you have the technical knowhow to do this. Or try underclocking or using better cooling, yet again, if you know how.

Do you have any hardware monitor software? This would be a good place to start. Use the temperature and voltage monitor options in the software (if you have none, try mother board monitor [http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7309,tk,GUT12,00.asp] ) and record the details as you play a game.
This should detect any spikes ect.

If nothing shows up, then it could be faulty/incompatible pci cards, graphics card, ram, CPU, Motherboard...

Underclocking my CPU solved my proble. But I think its down to my ram not being able to run at full speed. Huh?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 02:08:17 PM by Technical Ben » Logged

Sigpic pending...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: