MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: blue/yellow lines/bars on screen
October 19, 2019, 09:04:29 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 19, 2019, 09:04:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blue/yellow lines/bars on screen  (Read 1342 times)
user_syndicate

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2004, 10:28:10 PM »

im running
win xp sp2
ati radeaon 9800 pro (new)
CPU AMD 64 |3200+ ATHLON 64 (new)
random blue/yellow strips appear , either during game, on desktop, idle : randomly:, they disapear then randomly come back
and the lines seem to be "burned" images of previous items on the screen such as the "back" symbol on the top left corner of the screen
it seems not to be the monitor since i can screen shot it
and even when i restart, there is still some blue/yellow left over on some icons and start menu
http://24.130.140.31/screen.jpg
***link fixed***
oh and my mobo is a MB K8N Neo Platinum MSI MS-7030
with a cpu fan (CPU FAN SCYTHE|SCKT478/A SCKM-2000)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 01:46:30 PM by user_syndicate » Logged

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:50:09 PM »

Okay, first thing you do when you want to show us a picture of your desktop is make that picture. You have done so, good. But do not save it as a BMP or bitmap option. That is HUGE. Save it as a JPG or PNG option instead and then link it here.

Next thing you do is resize the picture so it can be shown as something normal. If you run a 1600x1200 desktop, resize the picture to 640x480 or 800x600 so normal people here can see it as well. Don't expect that everyone in the world runs your desktop size, please. You can resize it with any photo-editor like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop.

I have taken your IMG tags out because even on my 4480kbit line it was taking ages to load. Like I now did with your link, in the future if you don't want to listen to reason, leave a link. Else I'll just be taking your tags out again.

I'll be waiting for a new resized and reformatted picture before I give an answer to your problem. Please also tell me what brand and model of motherboard you have.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2004, 11:52:18 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 02:33:23 PM »

Okay, thank you. Smiley

A lot of ghosting and the yellow stripes, I see themm. Looks like you have damaged memory on your videocard. You could try to take the videocard out and plug it back in firmly, see if that fixed it. But I doubt it. It looks exactly like what I had with a Radeon 9500 Pro. I had to send it back and get a new one. Turned out I had a microfracture in one of the memory chips on the card. Nothing that I could do about it, it happened in transport.

So contact the place where you bought the videocard from on their terms of RMA.

Checking the picture again, the ghosting that happens is from your browser. It looks as if your browser stays in the videomemory, when it should be purged when you minimise the browser to the taskbar.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 02:36:43 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: