MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Comp Crash and Raid ATA doesn't show HD up anymore
September 19, 2019, 03:12:10 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2019, 03:12:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Comp Crash and Raid ATA doesn't show HD up anymore  (Read 784 times)
an idiot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:34:21 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: winxp
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: PIV 2.8
Error Messages:

my comp crash last night and when i hard reset it the bios pick up the two drive like usual but when windows came in it doesn' pick it up.. try different setting with the raid again but still no luck than i try placing one of the HD to the secondary master and same thing... it's just as it's never partition.. i don't want to partition the HD again because i have a lot of data still in it :-( any other solution?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 03:40:17 PM »

Have you tried reinstalling your RAID drivers? Check your motherboard manual for help on that.

Jord.
an idiot

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 05:03:12 PM »

i think i got scare of losing all my data and stuff i strip the 2 HD on the raid into 1 HD which cause the partition to have dies too... guess i lose all my data now.. oo well not going to use the raid anymore.. it giving me too much trouble.. first time installing it on the older motherboard system worked like a charm.. after that motherboard crashes install it into the new motherboard already took quite sometime rebooting and booting to get it to work.. try different setting etc etc and it work.. than every now and than when the comp crashes the two HD won't show up and i have to reboot again then it would show up. till this morning it won't so i guess i am done with this IDE raid will go ebay it later and just get an HD USB encloser later thanks for the help thoi

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: