MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: small dots making up triangles on screen
October 20, 2019, 01:16:10 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2019, 01:16:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: small dots making up triangles on screen  (Read 968 times)
connerzxx9

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2004, 01:17:34 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:windows mellenium
Problem Application Name & Version:ibm moniter
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:none

hello, i  have a problem with my computer/moniter, it has small dots on the screen that form  v/small triangles and chains, and the colours are very bold, the screen resolution and colour settings refuse to be alterd, every time i alter them the computer says i have to shut down for new settings to take, but when i restart they have  gone back to 16 colours and the lowest resolution, the dots are only on the middle  part of the screen, not on the task bar, or adress bar, or quick launch bar, at the bottom of the page. it seems to be the main view area mainly, but there is a diffrence in the colour of the task bars ect  from normal, on pictures its worst and then on bold text, such as the google symbol on a google bar, this is missing the 2 os G  gl and what there is off it is  all frayed round the edges, on this site where i am posting now the part i type in is clear white, the post new topic is in a grey box with clear black text, the area between the two is coverd in dots formig  v/small triangles and chains,  i can see the check here ect but its distorted,  

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 03:29:44 PM »

Okay, what model is your videocard? have you tried other drivers for it?
Also, is your monitor a CRT (big bulky like a TV) or a TFT (flat, thin)?

If it is a TFT, consider it may be dead pixels.

Jord.
connerzxx9

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 02:23:48 AM »

thanks for answering so quikly now then i am new to computers 1 week so do not know of the workings so could you tell me how to find the information you require [what video card are you useing]my monitor is a ibm p76 [portable tv size]more info microsoft windows me 4.90.300 computer authentic amd     amd-k6[tm]3d processer  120.omb ram also i have started having rundll32 poping up saying it has caused a error and will now close  i typed  video card into the search area after pressing start then seeing shut down, log off, run, help, search and this is what came up  msvideo.dll,cards.dll,neticard....,en.video...,en-video,video,en-video....,msvideo....,en-video,en-video,cnnvideoselect,cnbcdowjonesbu,
nbcvideoseeker,musicvid,mx440-card...,cards1[1], gif,icon.aster...,iconmaster....234x60.pc@...,mrpotts (at)www ive got a feeling these arent what your looking for but the computer/screen have started freezing so thought i would send just in case it freezes perminately  and i cant get anything else off to you  thanks for your time
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 03:19:35 AM by Ageless » Logged

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 03:23:58 AM »

I tried editing your post above to someting usefull, but gave up. Wink

may I ask you what your own language is? As it seems that English is one of your second languages. So your English makes a bit of difficult reading, as I still don't know what your problem is, even by trying to disect your second post. Sad
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 03:24:51 AM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: