MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: laptop win 2k installation problem
November 17, 2019, 10:55:38 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2019, 10:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: laptop win 2k installation problem  (Read 741 times)
dolby99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2004, 10:54:09 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:win 2k
Problem Application Name & Version:win 2k
Problem Hardware Make & Model:n/a
Error Messages:n/a

hi there..
ive looked around the forum with no luck so i hope someone can help with my install problem...
im about to recieve a laptop which i wish to install win 2k..ive previously installed win 2k on normal pcs using the normal start up disks..(ive got the 4 boot disks for win 2k) but my laptop does not have a floppy drive so im wondering how to get these onto the laptop..or if i can install win 2k without them.
also im wondering how to format the laptop hard drive as im only used to using floppy disks to initiate this.
any help or pointers to web pages appreciated
thanks in advance

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 11:32:02 PM »

If all is well, either your laptop comes with an OS installed, or you have a bootable CD(RW) or DVD(RW) drive in it. When you set the optical drive to be the first to boot from in the BIOS of the laptop, you will be able to boot with the Win2k CD.

The harddrive doesn't need to be formatted or partitioned for that, you'll be guided along in the Win2k setup to do all of that.

Jord.
dolby99

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 08:57:36 AM »

thanks gee...
setting the cd as the first to boot was the missing link!
all is clear!
thanks very much...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: