MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Web cam help Please
May 20, 2019, 05:40:57 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2019, 05:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Web cam help Please  (Read 1022 times)
longfeather

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2004, 03:05:08 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

xp
IC50C webcam basic

I can get my pc to detect the cam and start to install the drivers then it starts to copy them and then says error invalid data don't understand why it is the disk that came with the cam,allso it has this prog. called snap detect that makes my screen color depth swap to 8 bit I have a nvidia gforce 4 64 meg vid card hope some one can help the co. that makes the webcam has not sent me back any help in like a week
Thanks

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 04:15:08 AM »

If you can teach yourself something like punctuation and legibility inside this week, then someone may help you better. If you have a problem, please describe it in a clear form so we can read it and can help you.

If the webcam is USB, install the drivers before you reboot & then plug in the webcam.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 04:18:11 AM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
longfeather

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 03:08:06 PM »

It is a usb webcam and I did install the software for it first.
 I plugged in the usb then it says new hardware detected.
 then it goes to the add hardware wizard starts to copy files then stops and says error invalid data. sorry for the grammer never been very good at it sorry we can't all be a english professor such as your self

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 07:51:07 AM »

I never said much about grammar, as punctuation just means that the use of commas and full stops which makes questions more legible than a continuous sentence. I am no English professor, not even English for that matter.

With that said, have you checked at the website of your cam maker for updated drivers?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 07:51:55 AM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
longfeather

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2004, 06:10:46 AM »

Yeah I got all the lastest drivers then I found the problem for some reason all the updates I have installed for windows xp pro had not been updateing a file named iyuv_32.dll so I just uninstalled all the updates downloaded a new iyuv_32.dll file reupdated windows and all was good in the world Smiley thanks for trying to help though

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: