MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Overclocking, Cooling & Modding Problems arrow Topic: intake or exhaust?
September 21, 2019, 05:27:26 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 05:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: intake or exhaust?  (Read 2537 times)
clytan86

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2004, 02:19:26 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:Windows XP Home SP1
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hello guys,
           I have a single exhaust fan at the back of my case. When i play games my PC heats up alot in about 1 or 1 and 1/2 hour. Note that i dont use tempreature monitor cause im afraid it might do some harm to my mobo(Is that true??) But i touch it with my hands and it is pretty hot!!!

There is another slot at the back to fix a 80mm fan in my case and i am planning to fix one. Should i use the fan as intake fan or a exhaust fan??

Note that my case is pretty crowded and also i am a pretty average user who does not know the intricate details!!!!;)

My specs:
     Intel P4 1.7Ghz Processor
     256 MB PC2700 DDR RAM
     64 MB Graphics card
     40GB Hard Drive

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 10:34:39 PM »

Well the fans in the back should be exhaust meaning blow the air out. Fans placed in the front bring in the air and you exhaust it out the back.
Open your case and use some canned air to blow out the dust bunnies also blow out the PSU fan as dust can cause overheating.

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 04:42:22 PM »

I dont have a place to fix a fan at the front and there is no fan at the front of the case and hence the i asked the above question.

So if i have 2 exhaust fans at the back, all air will be sucked out and no air flow into the case. I want to know wat will happen if i have a exhaust fan at the back and nearby there is an intake fan.

Please tell me which option is better?

Also someone pls tell me if softwares like motherboard monitor do any harm to the mobo.

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 02:45:16 PM »

I've never heard of any kind of motherboard monitors doing any harm to your motherboard. Download a monitoring program and find out the temperature at idle (0%) and then at full load (100%). Post back here and I'll tell you if the temperatures are ok or not.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
clytan86

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 01:18:09 PM »

hello,
          Sorry for my my extremely late reply. But i went to download Motherboard Monitor only to find out that my mobo is not compatible. My mobo is Intel D845GLAD. I am searching for other temp monitors which r compatible. Can u suggest any websites??

Bye.(Will reply quicker next time)

clytan86

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 01:21:14 PM »

hello,
          Sorry for my my extremely late reply. But i went to download Motherboard Monitor only to find out that my mobo is not compatible. My mobo is Intel D845GLAD. I am searching for other temp monitors which r compatible. Can u suggest any websites??

Bye.(Will reply quicker next time)

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2004, 02:46:35 PM »

Check out the "Test Software" thread on the forum. You should find something there.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: