MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: UPGRADE GONE WRONG
May 25, 2019, 07:54:47 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2019, 07:54:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UPGRADE GONE WRONG  (Read 1044 times)
shenron

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2004, 10:16:34 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:xp pro
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

intelp4 3gig ht
asus p4p800s-x mobo
1 gig ddr400 ram
verto gf fx5200 graphics
80 gig seagate hd

Hi
I really need some help here,i,ve just upgraded to the spec above[new cpu,mobo,ram and a dvd+- copier],when i booted it up i got a screen that shows the graphics card description then it goes to a coloured screen showing the mobo an cpu name and then onto a screen showing ,
sorry for the inconvenience windows didnt start successfully or shut down due to a power failure or to protect files.restart using
safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt
last known config that worked
start normally
non of these work and it goes back to the begining of this cycle.
i,ve flashed the bios but dont think this is the problem but possibly something to do with windows and reading the new kit installed but i cant get any further and would really appreciate any help.
cheers.Undecided

Kraken

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 03:03:25 PM »

At what stage of your upgrade did you meet this?
Are you doing a completely new install of Windows on the new HDD?

Windows needs to be reinstalled if you change your motherboard. At least run the repair option of the install routine.

shenron

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 10:14:26 PM »

Thanks for the reply,although it appears that the new mobo could not read the updated drivers for my discs and when i reverted them back to the standard basic drivers it all booted so woohoo but i,m having some instabilities and will do as you suggest anyway to see if it will rid me of various application errors that are popping up.ta mate.

samlcampbell

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 05:34:02 PM »

Hi,
Sounds like a similar problem I have ,but I am still stuck.
Upgrading Mobo to Jetway V500DAP, 512mb DDR333 PC2700, Athlon K7 2500MMX 333 CPU, plus coolermaster fan. I used six Startup Floppys , OK till loading files off XP PRO CD. Would not load 16 files starting with CLSPACK.EXE or STORPROP.DLL. Changed to Boot from CD and all files loaded till the "39 munites to go" screen.  The computer then just froze at seemingly random times even with only four minutes to go. I tried eighteen times before I got it installed. Two whole days. Bad news it would only work for a few minutes till it froze again, mostly after a file had been opened. I had reformatted the drives to ntfs earlier. Also tried with everything possible disconnected apart from 80g Hard drive, monitor mouse keyboard, CD And DVD drives. Eventually gave up reinstalled old MOBO CPU and Memory back to where I started. Spent a lot of money on bits so would like to know how to get them all working.  ANY help appreciated

Sam

samlcampbell

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 05:37:31 PM »

Hi,
Sounds like a similar problem I have ,but I am still stuck.
Upgrading Mobo to Jetway V500DAP, 512mb DDR333 PC2700, Athlon K7 2500MMX 333 CPU, plus coolermaster fan. I used six Startup Floppys , OK till loading files off XP PRO CD. Would not load 16 files starting with CLSPACK.EXE or STORPROP.DLL. Changed to Boot from CD and all files loaded till the "39 munites to go" screen.  The computer then just froze at seemingly random times even with only four minutes to go. I tried eighteen times before I got it installed. Two whole days. Bad news it would only work for a few minutes till it froze again, mostly after a file had been opened. I had reformatted the drives to ntfs earlier. Also tried with everything possible disconnected apart from 80g Hard drive, monitor mouse keyboard, CD And DVD drives. Eventually gave up reinstalled old MOBO CPU and Memory back to where I started. Spent a lot of money on bits so would like to know how to get them all working.  ANY help appreciated

Sam

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: