MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Database Problems arrow Topic: ACCESS - SQL
March 22, 2019, 09:46:01 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 22, 2019, 09:46:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACCESS - SQL  (Read 4007 times)
picada

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2004, 02:24:57 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Sp1
Problem Application Name & Version:MS Access XP
Problem Hardware Make & Model:NA
Error Messages:NA

This is the problem. I have a patients database with all their data within. This means i have some tables, lots of queries, lots of forms, 1 or 2 reports and every form has it's own VBA module.
one of the tables has the patients problems ("tblProblemasIndividuais") and the following fields: NOP (the patient ID, numeric) and PAT (from 'pathology', plain text).
I have some patients who have 'diabetes' and 'hipertension'; this means they have a NOP (eg. 101, 102, ...) and a corresponding PAT (eg. 't89' --> type 1 diabetes; 't90' --> type 2 diabetes).
When i want to get all patients with diabetes i run a querie like:
SELECT NOP, PAT FROM tblProblemasIndividuais WHERE PAT='t89' OR PAT='t90'
and every thing works fine.
The problem appears when i want to know wich of this patients have drinking problems (PAT='p15') and also smoking problems (PAT='p17') and classify them as ND (Non-drinking) or D (Drinking) and (NS (Non-smoking) or S (Smoking).

Any suggestions on how to do it???
Waiting 4 ur precious help.Wink

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 06:46:27 PM »

Hi,

What exactly is the problem? Do you get an error message or are you having problems with the query?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
picada

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 11:36:30 AM »

the problem is that i don't know exactly how to build the query. Ican extract exactly the patients with diabetes thru with the above query. Then i want to find those that are smokers (p17) and drinkers (p15) within this diabeticals recordset and classify them has NS / S or ND / D and also diabetes type 1 (t89) and Diab Type 2 (t90).
i tried to do this:
SELECT [tbl_PROBLEMAS SA

GuidoMarcel

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:50:56 PM »

Hi,
I first tried to make your SQL nicer with www.sqlinform.com . I saw that there is a syntax error after "INDIVIDUAIS].Problema)="t90"));". The semicolon is not allowed here. I removed it an formatted your SQL as shown in the first attached file (formatted_SQL.txt).

Then I tried to understand your query and my first idea is to change it a little like in the 2nd attached file (sql.txt)

Hope this helps

Download Attachment: formatted_SQL.txt 1.31 KB
Right click and select Save Target As... then rename the file as shown here and save.

Download Attachment: sql.txt 1.4 KB
Right click and select Save Target As... then rename the file as shown here and save.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 09:20:41 AM by GuidoMarcel » Logged

damaha

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 09:55:56 AM »

Free Online SQL Formatter

We have just release  a free  Online SQL Formatter
which can beautify different sql dialects for you on the fly with many format options.
and translate it to other languages such as C#, Java,Delphi

Try it here:
http://www.wangz.net/gsqlparser/sqlpp/sqlformat.htm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: