MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Cannot Startup Computer *HELP* please..
October 14, 2019, 12:09:42 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2019, 12:09:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot Startup Computer *HELP* please..  (Read 1071 times)
vizzura

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2004, 04:30:50 PM »

When i turn my computer on i get the first two load screens then this error message.

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer, If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit http://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS, If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers, the system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

Technical Information:

** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000D, 0x8239C928, 0x4449555F, 0x00000000)

Im not trying to install storage drivers i just tried to turn my computer on, and i cant get an updated BIOS on my computer because i cant load windows,

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »

You managed to post here, though. Wink

Did you install any hardware or software on your computer prior to this starting?
Any drivers that changed (through windows update, maybe)?
Have you tried booting into Windows Safe Mode?

What is your hardware setup? Motherboard brand & model is the minimum I would like.

Jord.
vizzura

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:10:05 PM »

i havent installed any new hardware and after the windows service pack was installed i was booting up fine, now all of a sudden out of no where i get that error message, my computers brand is benq.

vizzura

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 05:15:18 PM »

excuse me, it is an athlon AMD,
my mother board i think it says here "Socket A Mainboard"

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 08:30:52 PM »

That's not helping me along. Which Windows version are we talking about? Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

It is at least a problem with ACPI. Read this site on the Microsoft Knowledgebase for more information. Yes, I know it says "When you are installing Windows XP" but just read on.

There's no real problem with your OS, it's just not recognising a driver or part of hardware in the PC as being ACPI compliant. That's the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface, the part of the BIOS that lets you power down hardware in your computer to hibernation mode (example given) so they use less electricity.

So reinstalling your OS shouldn't repair this problem.
What you can do is try to reset your BIOS. If you have a motherboard manual, you should be able to find how to do that, but I doubt it as you can't even tell me what kind of motherboard you have. Wink

And thus, I want to know your precise model of BenQ PC. Or are you still under warranty?

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: