MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Game Problems arrow Topic: Computer freezes on a certain game
October 17, 2019, 05:44:41 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2019, 05:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Check out our improved Download section for tons of software....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Computer freezes on a certain game  (Read 1683 times)
cblome30

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2004, 07:45:37 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: windows xp
Problem Application Name & Version: john deere american farmer
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages: computer just freezes during gameplay

i just bought this american farmer game and i can be playing along and my pc just freezes. i don't know why it does this because i have had no problems with other games just this one. the company that made this game has a reputation of having glitches in its games, but i wouldnt think that freezing numerous times would be one of them. any ideas if its the game or my computer? i would appreciate any and all suggestions.

thanks for any help

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 05:17:35 PM »

Since all your other games function without problems, I'd point the finger at the game. Check on the maker's website if they have a patch available.

Jord.
cblome30

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 03:04:40 AM »

i took your advice and checked the game's website and did find a patch to download. although i can't say it helped much, im pretty sure i figured out what was going wrong. i have a laptop and after playing the game for 15 minutes or so, the fan kicks on to cool the system. i never realized that the pc could be overheating and then locking up. i now think that that is the culprit. i played last nite for a couple hours with no problems at all, and i had the computer raised off the desk a few inches so more air could get in there.  i think i have solved the problem. thanks for your suggestion though, i appreciate your help.

lopo_girl

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 02:06:45 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Compaq Windows Xp
Problem Application Name & Version: All Games Freeze
Problem Hardware Make & Model: All games Freeze
Error Messages: None

When I play any game (that is excluding the games that were on my computer)When I have a disk of a game and install and and start to play it freezes like every 5 sec. and the same thing happens when I am playing an online game!!! And I dont know how to fix it! Please help!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: