MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: still no sound
November 21, 2019, 08:06:01 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 08:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: still no sound  (Read 1694 times)
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2004, 08:46:17 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

i just put win. 98 sec. ed.
says driver not installed
have aureal vortex 18820B2
 have also noticed no midi out device not there..i'm so lost and need help. i have no sound whats so ever. tried add/remove programs and also add new hardware and update driver...still have nothing and need help.
                                                   thank you
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 12:23:14 AM by lostuhda » Logged

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 09:27:44 PM »

You need a driver for the Aureal to work correctly with Windows and any apps/games under Windows. Just like you need drivers for your videocard. Without it, Windows doesn't know exactly what piece of hardware it is and what it does.

The problem is though, that Aureal no longer exists. So they themselves don't do driver updates. Windows 98SE may have some WHQL archaic drivers, but your best bet is to look on the internet (in Google for instance for places they have later drivers.

This is a Google search I undertook, the first link has later A3D drivers for you to try.

Jord.
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 09:33:09 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Jee

You need a driver for the Aureal to work correctly with Windows and any apps/games under Windows. Just like you need drivers for your videocard. Without it, Windows doesn't know exactly what piece of hardware it is and what it does.

The problem is though, that Aureal no longer exists. So they themselves don't do driver updates. Windows 98SE may have some WHQL archaic drivers, but your best bet is to look on the internet (in Google for instance for places they have later drivers.

This is a Google search I undertook, the first link has later A3D drivers for you to try.

can you help guide me through the download ang et my sound back?

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 09:47:16 PM »

Errm, I'll try.

Go to this site, the download will start automatically, so have patience. Save to a convenient location (like your desktop). Then when saving is done, doubleclick the A3Ddrivers310.exe file, foloow instructions to save its contents to c:\aureal (example given).
The navigate in Windows to your device manager. If all is well, the soundcard should have been found, but as an unknown object, probably with a ?-mark before it. If you have more than one, it's best to tell me about it. If there's only one, and your soundcard isn't in the list, rightclick on the part behind the ?-mark, properties, drivers, install new driver and point it to the c:\aureal folder.

Then follow instructions clicking OK to install the drivers.

Jord.
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 09:48:57 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Jee

Errm, I'll try.

Go to this site, the download will start automatically, so have patience. Save to a convenient location (like your desktop). Then when saving is done, doubleclick the A3Ddrivers310.exe file, foloow instructions to save its contents to c:\aureal (example given).
The navigate in Windows to your device manager. If all is well, the soundcard should have been found, but as an unknown object, probably with a ?-mark before it. If you have more than one, it's best to tell me about it. If there's only one, and your soundcard isn't in the list, rightclick on the part behind the ?-mark, properties, drivers, install new driver and point it to the c:\aureal folder.

Then follow instructions clicking OK to install the drivers.

ok will try it now and do you have messenger?will let you know how its going

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 09:52:11 PM »

If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to attach the original installer file for the Vortex cards in here.

Jord.
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 10:10:22 PM »

it just updates files but where do i go to see if its there?

lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 10:14:14 PM »

it just updates files but where do i go to see if its there?

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 10:15:03 PM »

If you have DirectX installed, try to go Start->Run->dxdiag {hit enter}, wait for it to load and then go to the Audio tabs.

Jord.
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 10:30:09 PM »

went to and tested directx soud and says no driver installed

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 11:00:51 PM »

Ok, question: Is it an onboard audiochip or an add-on card?

If onboard chip, what motherboard is it?

Jord.
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 11:02:38 PM »

not sure what you mean...not real good with pc as you can see...if you mean cars in pc ita an aureal vortex 1 au8820 b2

Zedd

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2004, 02:23:55 AM »

Looks like an add-on card to me. Did you just get this added? Make sure your onboard sound is turned off. To do this enter the BIOS by hitting delete when the system turns on. Once you are in the BIOS look for anything called onboard audio, or onboard sound. Set this to disable. That might help somewhat.

You should also upgrade your DirectX, as it could be a problem with that.

I really wouldn't recommend using Windows 98 unless you have no other choices. Linux distros are mostly free. I'd recommend looking into The Fedora Project, or Mandrake for new users.

Good Luck.

Zedd
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Rig:

-AMD Athlon 64 FX-51 Processor - Not Overclocked
-Asus SK8V Motherboard Skt 940
-2 GB Corsair Registered TWINX1024-3200 XMS3200
-120 GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus
-80 GB Storage drive
-73 GB Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA
Hard Drive
-256 MB ATI Radeon 9800 PRO Video Card
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card
-Creative Labs SBS 4.1 Speaker System
-Pioneer DVR-A07 DVD-R/W +R/W
-Samsung SW-252FENB/SW-252SENB
lostuhda

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2004, 02:53:11 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Zedd

Looks like an add-on card to me. Did you just get this added? Make sure your onboard sound is turned off. To do this enter the BIOS by hitting delete when the system turns on. Once you are in the BIOS look for anything called onboard audio, or onboard sound. Set this to disable. That might help somewhat.

You should also upgrade your DirectX, as it could be a problem with that.

I really wouldn't recommend using Windows 98 unless you have no other choices. Linux distros are mostly free. I'd recommend looking into The Fedora Project, or Mandrake for new users.

Good Luck.
it had windows 98 and i put windows 98 second edition on....i had sound and now i don't...if anyone has yahoo messenger please IM me at frzframeus and try to help me figure this out step by step...i'm getting so frustrated and adding so much stuff that doesn't work still...ty ty ty

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: