MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Computer Related Discussions arrow General Discussions arrow Topic: burning
November 21, 2019, 12:46:02 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 12:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: burning  (Read 1459 times)
iioiioii3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2004, 08:52:43 PM »

hi.just a simple quest.how long should it take to burn a 2hour film at 8x.thanks.as at the moment it takes me a long time.just wondering if this is normle.thanks all
nero
xp home
768 ram,

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 02:33:52 PM »

What are you burning it to? CD? DVD? Is the film pre-encoded, or are you encoding it with Nero? What are you encoding it as? Only XVID encoded films can go onto one CD, else you're burning to two or more CDs or one DVD.

Jord.
iioiioii3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 04:03:26 PM »

hi jo im new to this burning stuff,im burning  it to dvd,yes im encoding it with nero.i have run a few test with very small files and it do play fine on my home dvd player.but its the speed of bigger files its taking, im not sure about,example 2 hour film, burn pro,encoding ect.its takeing about 4 and a half hours.is this normle.or am i doing a naff job.and should i just give it up,:o.any help in pointing me in the right way.to become a master at burning thankyou,and i will buy you a few beers lol.also dvd are 4x my dvd is 4x write speed.yes XVID is what i got thanks again.look forward to your reply  cheers.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 04:06:33 PM by iioiioii3 » Logged

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 06:16:22 PM »

You can speed it up by encoding the film before you burn it to the DVD. Then the burning process will only be about 15 minutes. Now you're taking all the time because Nero has to read the film, re-encode it and then burn it to the disc.

Encoding the movie beforehand will still take a long time, depending on your CPU, on what else you do with your machine at that time. If it's only encoding, it will go faster than if you surf on the net, play a game or crunch some Seti while you're encoding.

Jord.
iioiioii3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 05:14:30 AM »

thanks jo.for your help.anyway at least i was on the right track,of what im trying to do.things can only inprove now.do you no off a tool that will encode it befor hand,like i said im not 100% yet.but i will bring this to a close.i will check back soon to see if you no off anything,if not thanks anyway bye8)

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 04:21:57 PM »

Go to www.videohelp.com for all the tools of the trade. Smiley

Jord.
jvic
Visiting Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 07:35:25 PM »

quote:
thanks jo.for your help

It's Jee

John Vickers
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 05:49:27 AM »

Or Jord, Joh Grin

Jord.
iioiioii3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 06:08:01 AM »

thanks a lot JEE  Or Jord, Joh JOE. also where i can get my eyes tested8).anyway im done here for time being.with that site you gave me i have cut my burning down from 4ish hours to 2.merry xmas to you all.have a nice 1.Grin peace

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: