MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Wrong i.p. address detected.???
December 11, 2019, 01:12:22 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 01:12:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wrong i.p. address detected.???  (Read 2125 times)
MrWooWoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2004, 04:19:52 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

windows xp
msi motherboard
athlon2400+
radeon 9200 256mb
adsl conn

hey guys/girls i have a problem with my pc, hope someone out there can help me out,.

my pc is detecting the wrong i.p. address if i go to network connections> i see my i.p. address as 162,blah blah, but if i go to a whats my ip address website it shows as 172.blah blah,

and when i play battle for middle earth the first time i play afetr installation i can play online, but if i shut down pc and restart i cant login into online play,...it's picking up the wrong ip address (172.blah blah)and cant login.

so everytime i wanna play online i have too reinstall the game,...very annoying,..my internet works fine,..dunno whats wrong,...maybe a network problem of some sorts...anyone help please..

with regards and merry christmas to all over the festive season,...mark:)

Zedd

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 05:05:36 PM »

Do you have a router? If so what is the make and model?

My first step whenever I have an internet problem is to reset the router. You would do this by pushing the reset button on the back for 30 seconds. It will restore the router to factory settings. You would then have to hook directly into the internet and reinput the physical address into the router.

If you think you'd like to try this, post back, and I'll give you some more detailed instructions.

Zedd
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My Rig:

-AMD Athlon 64 FX-51 Processor - Not Overclocked
-Asus SK8V Motherboard Skt 940
-2 GB Corsair Registered TWINX1024-3200 XMS3200
-120 GB Maxtor DiamondMax Plus
-80 GB Storage drive
-73 GB Western Digital Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA
Hard Drive
-256 MB ATI Radeon 9800 PRO Video Card
-Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card
-Creative Labs SBS 4.1 Speaker System
-Pioneer DVR-A07 DVD-R/W +R/W
-Samsung SW-252FENB/SW-252SENB
MrWooWoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 06:16:39 PM »

no i dont use a router at all,..straight into the wall via my adsl modem which is usb connected

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 04:46:05 PM »

If you go into network connections you'll see your LAN address which is different to your "internet" addresss for example my LAN address is 192.X.X.X and my "internet" address 213.X.X.X.

I'm not sure what'd be causing the game not to work properly though, the problem could be that when you go to play an TCP/IP online game that the game is getting confused between the two IP addresses. Is there a way for you to specify the IP address the game uses for online games?

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
MrWooWoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »

yeah there is a way to choose , but ya have to get online to change it, major balls up in there software design, so i have to sort the problem on me pc end,...

MrWooWoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 04:56:49 PM »

is there a way to manually select the ip address that game uses?,..or restrict it to only the correct ip address,.?.

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 01:17:27 AM »

I'm not sure because I don't have that game but maybe there's a console command that allows you to select your IP address. Do you have to use the game to get to the game rooms or can you get to the game rooms using internet explorer?

Ross

MrWooWoo

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 12:01:29 PM »

to change the ip ingame ya have to 'get' online , poor design, what i ment was can i change a seeting within my pc as to what ip the game will detect.....I think i have network problems, dhcp errors,..Man computers can be such a pain...

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 12:09:37 PM »

I'm not sure if there's a way to do that. Usually games detect and use the "internet" IP address. You could chance disabling your network card to see if you can "force" the game to use the other IP address.

Ross

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: