MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Using two drives
October 14, 2019, 07:10:11 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 14, 2019, 07:10:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Using two drives  (Read 892 times)
sipapu

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2004, 09:06:22 PM »

OS is WIN XP, Service Pack 2. I have a software program entitloed Pathways to Jerusalem.  It requires two cd's which must be circulated throughout the program.  The manual did mention playing the two discs but I cannot find a way to do this.  I have two hard drives (one is a DVD and one a cD).  No matter what I do the program keeps saying to load the second disk to drive H (the CD drive which started the program). It just refuses to recognize the CD in the other drive;  the DVD unit.  Even tried burning the two CD's into a single DVD.  This doesn't seem to work either.  My CD drive (Plexor) takes forever (it seems) to open up and one waits rather impatiently to continue the program while switching disks. I tried finding the issuer of the software on line without success.

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 03:39:48 AM »

Hi sipapu,
When it asks for the other disc you may need to remove the one in the drive you are installing from and place the second one in that same drive.
For instance, you place disc 1 in the D:\ and proceed to install. Then it asks for disc 2, remove disc 1 from the D:\ and place disc 2 in D:\ and continue.
Have you tried it that way?

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 10:09:45 PM »

Geekgirl:  Sorry about this repeat. Old age is creeping up on me.  It won't happen again.

Geekgirl
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 10:59:18 PM »

No problem, did my information help any ?

Girlz Rule ...Boyz Drool

Jump to: