MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Operating Systems : Microsoft arrow Topic: Startup Programs (why do they start??)
November 13, 2019, 06:29:57 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 06:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Got pics of your modded PC or want to show off your cool desktop, visit our new Show & Tell forum!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Startup Programs (why do they start??)  (Read 841 times)
Marco Vitaly

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2004, 03:16:19 AM »

How do I choose which programs will startup with windows?
And how do I prevent certain programs to startup with windows?
And how do I close sistray programs normally without pressing C-A-D, such as B's Clip, god knows what it is?

WIN XP PRO SP2

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 03:33:00 AM »

quote:
Originally posted by Marco Vitaly

How do I choose which programs will startup with windows?

At times you don't, can't. Unless you have a good uptodate firewall and antivirus checking each channel open, you won't.

But Most of the programs you install give you an option to start at Windows bootup or not. Always uncheck the option to start at Windows startup, unless it is a firewall or AV program.

quote:
And how do I prevent certain programs to startup with windows?

See above, else check in Start->Programs->StartUp, delete those entries you don't trust.
Else check in Start->Run, type msconfig32 {hit enter}, Startup, uncheck those things you don't trust, click OK, then reboot.

quote:
And how do I close sistray programs normally without pressing C-A-D, such as B's Clip, god knows what it is?

Close them? Usually by rightclicking on them and choosing Exit or Quit. If you want to get rid of them, foremost check in add/remove programs. Or look up their name with Windows help and look for an uninstaller.

If none of either, ask for help in this forum. Smiley

WIN XP PRO SP2
[/quote]

Jord.
Marco Vitaly

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 03:59:33 AM »

Thanks!!!

PS it's not msconfig32, I tried 32 then 24, 16 and on... it's just msconfig Smiley

PS2 about closing progs normally, it doesn't work for the B's Clip. No exit button.
but your advice helped.. thanks again

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 12:08:34 AM »

B's Clip doesn't have an exit button, that's true. The only way to stop it, is to kill it in the Task Manager, or as he did, via msconfig.

B's Clip is actually a program that helps you to format CD-RW/DVD-RW +/-
It can come in quite handy at times, though I got rid of it myself. Mainly because I don't use it.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: