MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Back Up Hard Drive slight problem
April 19, 2019, 02:41:43 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2019, 02:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Help us help you! Help us help you by helping out! The more people know about us, the more help will be available. Click here to find out how...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back Up Hard Drive slight problem  (Read 1120 times)
Diablo3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:08:46 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:  XP
Problem Application Name & Version:  
Problem Hardware Make & Model:  Acomdata / RocketPod
Error Messages:

I am currently uninstalling most of my games from my c-drive & attempting to put them on my backup hard drive.  I liked how all I had to do was click on the desktop shortcut to play the game.  ... but now my backup drive is getting piles of extras that I am guessing that the game needs to run.  These extras were usually found in the "All Programs" under some file in the past.  What can I do to get the games to look/install just the icon for the game & possibly hide/tuck those other needed files somewhere else?  Do I need to do something drastic to my backup drive?  I am asking this question early because so far, I only have 2 games on there with MANY more to go.  Age of Mythology worked initially.  I tried solving this problem myself by simply making a folder called "game extras" & threw everything in that folder.  AOM did not work after I did that.  I figured it was a much more complicated process that I have to go through than simply dumping everything into a folder.  If I don't resolve this, my g drive will be almost un-navicable with the amount of games that I would like to put on it.
Thanks in advance for anyone that can help.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 05:42:12 AM »

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you installing all games to your desktop, or do you just want shortcuts on your desktop? If the latter, how about you install the game on the other drive, find the startup file of the game (either in the folder of the game, or through Start->Programs) and make a shortcut of that startup file on your desktop? You do know how to make a shortcut, don't you?

Jord.
Diablo3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:44:31 AM »

Neither.  I will attempt to clear up what I am trying to say.

Diablo3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 05:45:20 AM »

Neither.  I will attempt to clear up what I am trying to say.

Diablo3

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:50:11 AM »

I am trying to install all my games on my g-drive.  While I am doing this, not only do I get the game icon, but I am also getting all of the extra files that the game needs, but I don't need to see.  I just want the icon on my g-drive & the other files hidden on my g-drive.
Does this make any more sense?
Thanks in advance.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 02:13:15 PM »

Are you just installing all games to general G: or do you give them all their own folder name, like G:/Age of Mythology, G:/Command and Conquer, G:/Steam ??

Else you're still not making sense to me and I would like of you a screenshot to see what you're talking about.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 02:14:05 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: