MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: DW6000 Network
April 05, 2020, 10:50:25 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 05, 2020, 10:50:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DW6000 Network  (Read 1165 times)
gsummit

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2005, 06:33:38 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

I have just purchased a DW6000 satellite system.  I have two computers that I want to use. The computer that I commisioned is running Windows 98SE.  The other computer is running Windows XP Home.  The old computer (98SE) is running fine but the new computer (XP Home) won't make a connection.  When I use "find IP address automaticly" the ping test times out.  When I enter the IP address I get a good ping but the  computer will not make an internet connection.  I have the DW6000 unit coming in from the dish. I have a hub with CAT 5 cable running to both computers.

I would be grateful if anyone knows what to do. Thanks.

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 07:08:33 PM »

Have you read the manual? When you are sharing the connection between two PCs, while one of the PCs is already doing things online, it's well possible it is taking up most to all of the bandwidth already.

Jord.
myownalias

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 07:15:38 PM »

Not knowing your modem/router personally its hard to say exactly, but doing a quick look up of specs for your DW6000, it appears to have NAT/DHCP capability. I assume that the DW6000 will have an internal IP adress of 192.168.1.1, try setting your gateway address on your Win XP address to 192.168.1.1. Even better from the Win XP machine open a browser and type http://192.168.1.1/ and see if any sort of admin page for the DW6000 appears, if you can get that far, that eliminates any network error.

gsummit

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 10:08:13 PM »

I tried to enter the address (192.168.0.1).  This is my address as told by Direcway.  On the Windows 98SE I have no problem.  On the Windows XP Home I get a message that there is no internet connection.  Before I could ping the address and get a response.  Now I'm not even getting that.

As far as using all the bandwidth, I'm not connected yet.

Any other suggestions?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 10:25:01 PM »

It's well possible you can find more help on this through http://var.mydirecway.com/ but I have no way of checking. I am not a DW member. Can't become one either.

Jord.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: