MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Networking Problems arrow Topic: Please help, connect to modem...
March 29, 2020, 03:33:01 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2020, 03:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help, connect to modem...  (Read 1427 times)
frankj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 01:33:58 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

Hello,
I found your board while searching for a solution to my dsl modem problem. I'm hoping someone here can help.
I'm on windows 98 connecting through an actiontec dsl modem (or trying to) and I can ping the modem and release and refresh my IP but I can not connect to the configuration utility through my browser (internet explorer)
This configuration was working and online last week, and I was able to connect to http://192.168.0.1
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx in advance.
Frankj

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 05:41:41 PM »

Do you still have all the setup information for it written down somewhere?

If you do, then cut the power from the modem for up to a full minute. That should set it back to factory settings. Alternatively, there may be a button on it somewhere that does just that.
Then try connecting to it again and add all the settings again.

Before you do anything though, have you tried using the IP 192.168.1.1?

frankj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:57 AM »

Thank you for you reply,We have already reset the modem to factory and believe it or not done a reinstall of windows all to no avail. We can ping it refresh are ip but we can not connect to the web browser configuration screen (or the internet)and as far as I can tell there is no way to telnet in. Nobody seems to be able to offer any suggestions whatsoever.If theres any more info I could provide that may be helpfull please let me know. And again your help is appreciated.

frankj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 12:25:45 AM »

Thank you for you reply,We have already reset the modem to factory and believe it or not done a reinstall of windows all to no avail. We can ping it refresh are ip but we can not connect to the web browser configuration screen (or the internet)and as far as I can tell there is no way to telnet in. Nobody seems to be able to offer any suggestions whatsoever.If theres any more info I could provide that may be helpfull please let me know. And again your help is appreciated.

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 10:21:39 PM »

Do you have the manual for the modem?
If you do, go over it very thoroughly and make sure to note down anything regarding connectivity to the modem.
Also make sure you install drivers and whatever software that came with the modem.

For the record, what type of a modem do you have? Brand and model would be nice to have revealed.

frankj

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 11:25:55 PM »

Problem solved!
Thanx for the help. The root of the issue was a corupt winsock file. We ran w2fix found here... http://www.bu.edu/pcsc/internetaccess/winsock2fix.html
And we have a browser connection.
Thanx again.

redaxe
Supreme Loonie
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 11:22:38 PM »

Excellent news. Good luck with your future online experience Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: