MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Portable Devices arrow Topic: reformatted laptop "destroys" ipod
March 31, 2020, 06:48:18 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 31, 2020, 06:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  Looking for cheap hardware and/or software?
Visit our new Online Store where you will be able to purchase from a reputable vendor by country.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: reformatted laptop "destroys" ipod  (Read 1871 times)
buck

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 12:55:56 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version:  XP Home
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model:  Unknown Ipod
Error Messages:

16-year old daughter of a friend was having problems with laptop, and I tried to help and ended up having to re-format and re-install windows.  I dropped it off at their house, and everyone was happy.  really.  Couple of hours later, I get this call.  Young lady has plugged in her ipod to the laptop, and "it sucked all the songs off her ipod".  :oall 584 songs.  gone.  Now, I know nothing about ipod, and i wasn't there to see whether the machine displayed any clues.  And, I know that this isn't very much information, but can anyone give me any insight as to what really happened, and whether there is any chance to recover this music, which, if it matters, I believe was purchased legally?

thanks

buck

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 04:37:23 PM »

please.  somebody say SOMETHING.  am in in the wrong forum?  did i break a rule?  or is it really possible that nobody has a clue; if the latter, sorry, but I'm new here, and everything is helpful, either in solving the problem, or in growing more comfortable in the community.

thanks

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:18:36 PM »

Sorry it has taken so long for you to get a reply. Maybe nobody else feels they know enough to help you and I'm pretty much stabbing in the dark at the moment. I've never heard of a problem like this. I doubt the songs have disappeared without trace anyway and I doubt the laptop just decided it would remove the music from the iPod so there must have been some kind of prompt displayed prior to this happening.

I'd check on the laptop to see if it has stored the music somewhere.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
buck

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 07:01:24 PM »

hadn't thought of that; thank you very much.

KaTaLy5t
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 07:23:24 PM »

You're welcome.

Ross

You can't hug people with nuclear arms
chris_allen123

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 06:49:07 PM »

Hey, i dont know if this topic has gone dead but one thing i could guess has happened is that the girl probably reinstalled iTunes on the freshly formatted hard drive and then iTunes will have synchronised the iPOD with the iTunes library when it was first connected. As there were probably no songs in the library at the time it would have just deleted (or sucked) all the songs from the iPOD.
I dont know anyway around this as i dont own an iPOD but managed to avoid this (by chance) when using a friends.
Hope this helps,
Chris.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: