MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Application Problems arrow Topic: Cannot install any new software after GhostRestore
October 13, 2019, 11:29:33 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 13, 2019, 11:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
Welcome to MyTechSupport.ca! - Registration is FREE, so why not join our friendly community today?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cannot install any new software after GhostRestore  (Read 807 times)
starvista9

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:07:29 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP home edt.
Problem Application Name & Version: Not sure
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages:

After I perform a System Restore using Norton Ghost 9.0 my computer works great and is stable. At the time I created the Ghost Image(1/8/05) I had all the current Microsoft updates at the time minus SP2 and all my video/audio/hardware(mouse) drivers were up to date. I did a virus scan and a Spyware and adware scan withAd-Aware/Spybot and Spysweeper. My PC was bare bones when I made the Ghost Image. Also if 100% free of dust and does not over heat.

Here is what I don't understand, I have Norton Antivirus 2005. The Anitvirus works fine if I don't install any new programs. If I install anything new, then perform a Full System Virus Scan, Norton scans every file, but when its finished it says it only scanned 95 files because not all of Nortons files loaded or are missing.. If I rescan with Norton my PC restarts and I get a blue screen. The Blue Screen goes by so quick I can't read it.

Please keep in mind this only happens after I install new software and/or Microsoft Critical Secruity updates.

My next idea is to do another Ghost Image Restore , and remove Norton antivirus first, then re-install it and see if that helps things.

* If anyone is familiar with using Restore Images can you please help me out. I don't understand what is happening*

Thank you
Sam

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: