MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Hooking up another Hard Drive
November 13, 2019, 08:33:32 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 08:33:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
12th Anniversary Celebrating 12 Years! (1997 - 2009) 12th Anniversary
Thanks to ALL that make this site what it is!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hooking up another Hard Drive  (Read 1379 times)
Michael Muntz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:27:21 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: Windows XP Prof.
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: E Machines
Error Messages:NTLDR is missing Press any key to restart

My computer has broke down (different discussion topic) so I am trying my hard drive on my mother's computer. I hooked it up properly, but now I am receiving a message at start up saying the NTLDR is missing. How can I fix this? Is there any way I can access my hard drive on my mom's computer?

Daninku

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 09:50:18 AM »

First of all, the NTLDR is a program which loads from the hard drive boot sector and it helps to load Windows NT, that's why it's named NTLDR.

If you put your hard drive you were using with your computer, then it's supposed to be a bootable hard drive. If it's not you should not set the HDD as master, set the bootable hdd only as master.  Second, check that the HDD is properly set up in the BIOS. It could be that the HDD have a corrupt boot sector or master boot record, if so these can bi fixed by using the fixboot and fixmbr commands.

Hope this helps mate, have not seen your previous thread about your broken motherboard, if you can post a link Smiley that would be great.

Michael Muntz

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 01:38:52 PM »

here's the link to the other thread: http://www.mytechsupport.ca/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=42&topic=7239

But turns out, I was able to solve the hard drive problem on my own. I first had my hard drive as the master one, which didn't work, so I reconnected my mothers HD as the master, then noticed there was another port that I could hook up a second HD to in the middle of the band. So I hooked it up and voila! The computer worked fine, and I was able to access both hard drives once it loaded into Windows.

Thanks for the help!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: