MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Software Support arrow Programming Problems arrow Topic: C++ & Runtime files, HUH?
October 15, 2019, 11:09:29 PM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 15, 2019, 11:09:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

News
New  We now offer MyTechSupport.ca Merchandise! Every purchase goes towards maintaining our site.
Thank you for supporting MyTechSupport.ca!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: C++ & Runtime files, HUH?  (Read 3666 times)
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2002, 08:30:51 AM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: win98SE
Problem Application Name & Version:
Problem Hardware Make & Model: P4 intel
Error Messages: fatal error 0D at FFFF:00010000  Cry

Could some one explain to me what is the relationship between C++ and Runtime files? I am not a programmer but my HEAP Lips Sealed computer now and then asks me this question with an almighty crash!

Also, could anyone suggest if DirectX has a role in this and what level of updaaaaaaaaate do you need for a P4 using win98SE.

Roby

PS some of your expertise here, ol' Admin?  Grin

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 01:52:21 PM »

Hi,

What are you doing when you get the "fatal error 0D at FFFF:00010000" ?

An OD error is a General Protection Fault. Any condition that is not covered by any of the other processor exceptions will result in a general protection fault. The exception indicates that this program has been corrupted in memory, usually resulting in immediate termination of the program.

I could not tell you if Directx is responsible without knowing when and where you get the error.

The relationship between the runtime file and C++ is that the file is probably written using Visual C++ which is generating the error message. Do you get this error at the same time as the "Fatal OD" error or is this a different problem? Again, what app are you using when this occurs?

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 05:15:32 PM »

Hi and thanks,

Honestly I don't know.

As you can probably guess I have been thru the Intel wars for the past few days and it has been this forum's open friendliness that has given me a great deal of satisfaction......thankyou for the opportunity.

As you can probably guess from my previous scribbles, I am having a plug & play driver mismatch. Apac at Intel seem to have suggested that they can create a patch, lets hope so.

I think it stems from the display driver problem, me thinks.

Although I have just replaced my PS/2 connections with all USB, no more crashes, hooray! BUT the Intellipoint 4.01 and Intellitype 2.2 failed in all attempts to load. It cited that a temp file was missing. When I created the temp file it would create an alternative missing temp file......... until my retirement.

I remember now:

The 0D error occurred while moving a window display frame within the program ABBYY FineReader Pro. 6. I was adjusting an image OCR calibration when a small GP message said that a bitmap driver had failed. I controlled alt out all my running programs and intended a warm restart. Then the blue screen (cool green in my case, since I have a post traumatic stress reaction to blue screens)regarding the FFFF:00010000 arrived. It stated that there was a problem with a C++ runtime file. It said that I could continue BUT the old favourite video driver problem blue (green) screened a hard crash.

I can repost an attachment containing a relevent DrWatson text file if your possibly interested. The issue has not arrived for the last day as I am aware of the path to it's cause.

A stable system is like a brief holiday, at the moment I am on that brake :-)

Do you think it might be a good idea for me to update to the latest Visual C++?, I don't know.

Thanks for the input, I look for to any pointers.

Roby

PS I hope you can still give me some advice on my original postings Happy X-mas

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2003, 03:42:24 PM »

all fixed

Doctor Smith

Dumb questions welcomed

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 12:47:03 PM »

Hi there scanner dudes!

ABBYY Fine Reader 6.0 Professional/Corp Edition now has released 'service pack two' which has identified this problem and will fix it. 'Service pack two' contains 'service pack one' aswell for convenient download.

Berty

Admin
Administrator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2003, 01:18:16 PM »

Great! Thanks for the update! Grin

Sylvain Amyot
http://www.mytechsupport.ca

If you like to concept of this site and want to help, click here to find out how.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: