MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Internet & Network Support arrow Internet & Email arrow Topic: Javascript
June 07, 2020, 04:17:22 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2020, 04:17:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
New  New Poll on our main page!
"My experience with Vista..."
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Javascript  (Read 2232 times)
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2005, 12:51:30 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: XP Pro SP2
Problem Application Name & Version: IE 6
Problem Hardware Make & Model:
Error Messages: Your Browser does not appear to have JavaScript Enabled.

Thats the error message that comes up when IE is loaded, even though in securtiy settings Javascript is enabled.

I'm wondering if this is a problem with SP2?

Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 01:20:34 PM »

Well well, if it isn't Joey "Steve" Pesci in disguise. Wink
You couldn't live without me, huh?

I would think it's an error message that comes up when a webpage is loading. Have you tried enabling it, like explained here?

Jord.
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 01:36:40 PM »

Someone else asked me that on the PCF forum, odd.  Nope, I'm just plain old GI Joe.

Anyway, I tracked you down Jord.

Yep its already enabled in there.  Thats the first thing I checked.  I have a feeling it might be to do with SP2.

Do you think it might or could be to do with Java VM? Or are they 2 seperate things?  Not sure if he has Java VM installed.

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 01:48:07 PM »

No, it doesn't have anything to do with Java Virtual Machine. For a better read on that, check yet another link. You did try Sy's solution over in PCFF?

Else check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236846

(Yes, I lurk and sometimes answer on PCFF. You didn't have much to do in tracking me down though. All you had to do was follow the link Glamdring put up in your fan thread. An answer to that sits forlornly in the General Discussions forum here. Wink)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 01:50:19 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:17:12 PM »

Had a reply written but the pissing thing wasn't logged in so I lost it.  Anyway.  OK, looking at MS looks like JavaScript Engine might not be installed properly.

Also, do you know how to download IE 6 so I can take it to another PC, on CD and reinstall it?

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 04:27:07 PM »

Yes, even here I am still using and pointing a lot to Neil Munday's FAQ site. So you can have the quick version, or the slightly longer one. Smiley

Jord.
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 09:11:23 PM »

Thanks Mr Jordon sir.  Oh and I'll get back to you if it works.

One other thing.  If I use another browser, well the person with the problem, will this solve the Javascript problem or do these other browsers need it to?

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 10:32:15 PM »

I gotta say, my Mozilla handles its Javascript pretty damn well. It's got it built in, it's got a built in Javascript debugger. It's also got a Javascript Console. What more do I want? Wink

That doesn't answer your question, but it gives you an idea. Especially if you followed one of the links above, saw that Netscape was the one making Javascript... and you do know what Netscape became after it went belly up the first time, don't you?

Jord.
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 01:15:51 AM »

No i don't know what happened to Netscape when it went belly up.  Don't say it turned into IE, cause I remember back in the mid 90s, using Netscape, along with everyone else, 'cause at the time it was much better than IE, but then eventually IE took over.

Well according to those links it does seem that JavaScript is a seperate engine that is built into the install of IE. So hopefully reinstall the JavaScript engine should fix the problem.  Failing that a reinstall of IE 6 might do it hopefully.

Oh another thing Smiley you know where the email files are stored on Win XP Pro that outlook and outlook express use?  I use to know where they were in Win98se but that was an age ago now.

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 12:53:39 PM »

quote:
Originally posted by Gi Joe

No i don't know what happened to Netscape when it went belly up.  

Tsk tsk... the clue is in the signature, sir. Why else would I have mentioned it? Smiley

Outlook's email files are stored in: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Outlook Express' email files are in: c:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Identities\GUID Identifier (random string like {3B0FA092-2222-1111-A1B2-111A1AA1AAA11}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Jord.
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 11:15:40 AM »

Thank you Mr Jordon sir, reinstalling the JavaScript engine worked.

And for some reason the outlook express email messages aren't in that folder so i gave up looking for them.  Odd.

Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 11:30:08 AM »

You're welcome, mr. "I am not the other guy" Joe. Btw, my name's not Jordan, nor Jordon. Back to the testbank on that. Smiley

Jord.
Gi Joe

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2005, 12:34:28 AM »

I still don't get why people think I'm this Joey character.  I ain't got a clue who he is.  What is it that makes people think I'm him?  Its odd.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: