MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters! MyTechSupport.ca :: Your Computer Technical Resource Headquarters!
HOME FORUMS RESOURCES & TOOLS ARTICLES ONLINE STORE ABOUT US
Computer Support Forums arrow Hardware Support arrow Hardware Devices Problems arrow Topic: Intel D850GB desktop board problems
June 07, 2020, 02:19:27 AM

Home Forum Rules Help Search Mobile Version Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2020, 02:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
 Featured Sites:
News
Article Writers We are looking for quality, informational articles to add to our Computer Articles
Please contact us if you are interested in submitting some....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intel D850GB desktop board problems  (Read 1480 times)
Boba

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2005, 04:34:53 PM »

PLEASE SUPPLY RELEVANT INFORMATION:
Operating System Version: OK was ME now Xp
Problem Application Name & Version: XP Professional
Problem Hardware Make & Model: Intel D850GB Desktop Board
Error Messages:  multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\Mup.sys

OK a Basic run through Intel board running fine with OS:ME Power supply died. Gave away hardrive!!!!!Nooooo.  2 weeks later bought new power supply placed a 5 gig hardrive with xp pro already installed on it runs through to the screen that allows you to start up in safe mode, normallly with cmd with networking etc: When I start up in safe mode this results in the above under error messages!! The above is not an error message it is the last command line at the bottom of the screen after it freezes. Starting up normal mode white blocks along the bottom creates a full white bar and goes no further!! help please!!!
I have tried to boot from cd no joy there!!!
I have 2 sticks of 256mb of memory which are good!!!

Boba Fett
Ageless
Dark Overlord of the Universe
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:13:11 PM »

Unlike Windows 98, SE and ME, which didn't give a flying hoot about what hardware you replaced in the computer, Windows XP is very fiddly about it. You've got a harddrive with Windows XP preinstalled, that's totally set to load the drivers it knew from the last motherboard it was on, for the last videocard that had, for the last audiocard that had etc. and it's not finding those in your system. So it hangs.

Ways around this? Get Win XP Pro for yourself, the CD that is, and reinstall it. Make sure you have all the drivers for your hardware around, to install those.

Jord.
Boba

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 05:23:13 PM »

Ok i have xp disk but having real problems getting into bios to set it for cdrom boot only. help please i have only ever built on amd athalon boards!!!

Boba Fett
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »

Press Delete repeatedly on bootup. That's what gets you into most BIOSes.

Jord.
Boba

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 05:36:06 PM »

tried that didnt work only way to get in there was to remove boards battery then it demanded to know the time and date lol. Ok gonna set this drive up as a slave, format and then reinstall xp on new board i think this may be the only way around thanks for confirming my thoughts with regards to conflicting athalon\intel motherboard drivers on the hd. Thanks Jee

Boba Fett
Ageless
Global Moderator

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 05:39:32 PM »

Work-around:

Boot with Windows 98/ME bootfloppy, on the menu choose Boot to DOS with CDROM drivers. Take notice of what drive letter is assigned to the CDROM player.
Insert the CD in the player, then type the following from the A:\> prompt. I am assuming the drive letter assigned to the CDROM is D:

D: {hit enter}
cd\i386 {hit enter}
winnt {hit enter}
Windows Setup should now start.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 05:40:45 PM by Ageless » Logged

Jord.
Boba

Bookmark and Share

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 06:38:13 PM »

thanks i will try that workaround later on 2night and i will let you no 2morrow either way!!!! it will work!!!! if it means chucking this hardrive across the road into my local police station carpark for the dogs to chew on. And buying a new hard drive so be it!! Dont worry i wont give up i have taken your valuable time and am determined to make this intel board/processor and this ruddy hardrive to marry up!!! it will live happily ever after!!! it will honest!!!

Boba Fett
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 

Jump to: